Advertiser: FivecastMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Feb 2021
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Developers/Programmers
Fivecast applies leading-edge analytics to unstructured text and multimedia data to surface critical insights. Formed through a collaboration between Australia's national security agencies and research organisations we are purpose-built to address the highest priority needs of the national security, law enforcement and Defence communities. Fivecast capabilities have been proven to deliver real value through increased productivity and actionable insights.Located in Base64, Kent Town, we have one of the nicest office spaces in Adelaide while being conveniently close to the CBD.Fivecast is an inclusive employer, we value diversity of thought and experience and believe our inclusive culture contributes to our success. We are committed to building a workforce that is representative of the communities in which we live and work.
Qualifications & experience
- Experience Minimum of 2 years of research and/or industry experience in the application of data mining or machine learning techniques.
- Tertiary Qualifications PhD or Masters degree in a scientific discipline with strong applied mathematics or statistics.
- Defence Clearance Minimum NV1 defence clearance or eligibility to acquire one is mandatory.
- Advanced skills in the application of machine learning, mathematical models and data mining to business problems; Advanced skills in information extraction and retrieval from unstructured data sources Advanced skills with Python and R
- Demonstrated experience with key technology areas including deep learning, data analytics, data mining, MCMC modelling, visualisation, and Big Data
- Demonstrated experience with advanced NLP and graph analysis technologies Demonstrated experience with open source big data platforms and toolkits Experience in prototyping and evaluation of solutions Experience utilising disparate data sources
- Experience with 2 or more of: Java, Python and C/C++ Experience with AWS
- Ability to work with stakeholders to elicit requirements and deliver results Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines Strong technical writing skills Strong communication, mentoring and teaching skills
- Strong organisational skills, is detail oriented, and a pro-active team player
- Expected Behaviours - To model the behaviours expected of all staff, the Data Scientist will: Support & encourage a diversity of views, skills & personalities across the business Be open, honest and maintain respect for all personnel & partners Commit to deliver and deliver on all commitments
Tasks & responsibilities
- Application of machine learning, deep learning, modelling, statistics, data mining and visualisation to solve complex analytical problems
- Writing and maintaining code to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications in accordance with quality accredited standards
- Information extraction and retrieval from structured and unstructured data sources, using NLP and deep learning techniques
- Researching, consulting, analysing and evaluating system program needs
- Identifying technology limitations and deficiencies in existing systems and associated processes, procedures and methods
- Undertaking software development, testing, debugging, integration and evaluation activities using the prescribed development methodology, tools, standards and environments
- Defining, document and communicate implementation choices and approaches
- Ensuring that aspects of performance, deployment and maintainability have been considered when developing software components
- Providing advice, guidance and expertise for resolving technical problems and trade-offs and developing proposals and strategies for software design activities
- In addition to the duties identified above, additional duties will be determined by Fivecast and communicated to you from time to time in line with those to be reasonably expected of the position.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a data scientist?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.