Intermediate / Senior BIM Modeller
Advertiser: JHA Consulting Engineers (NSW) Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Feb 2021
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Building Services Engineering
About the role:
To support JHA’s continuing growth, we are seeking to add an experienced Revit Designer for our Sydney team.
This role will be filled by an individual who is adept at understanding and delivering projects in a Revit environment. Our ideal candidate has the technical and management skills to deliver long-term improvements to Revit design and engineering workflows. This position is suited to a person who preferably has multidisciplinary experience across a few of the following disciplines, Hydraulic, Fire, Mechanical or Electrical. We are looking for people who have some understanding of the design process and can assist Engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and manage Revit models.
- Develop and coordinate mechanical Revit design models from the engineers designs to LOD 200 through to 500.
- Produce and develop 3D documentation in Revit MEP on Building Services projects.
- Assist Engineers with preparing design calculations
- Demonstrate proactive approach to learning of new digital design tools
- Contribute to our ongoing mission to efficiently integrate our design and documentation workflows.
- Import and export a variety of BIM and 2D design formats for a range of external project stakeholders.
- Manage 2D/3D documentation delivery via our remote partner offices.
- Upload drawings and design models into web based document control websites such as Aconex, Autodesk BIM360, Procore and Buildtools.
- Ensure work is delivered to a high standard and within required time frames
- Liaise and coordinate with internal team members to deliver solutions
Skills and Experience:
- Substantial Autodesk Revit experience.
- Thorough understanding of Hydraulic & Fire services (preferred) or Mechanical
- Proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Respectful, flexible approach to time management of self and others
- Ability to create and modify families in consultation with engineers
- Interest and experience in process improvement in mechanical engineering teams
- Experience with Navisworks and inter-team clash management desirable
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office/Excel etc.
- Good communication, teamworking and interpersonal skills
About the company
JHA is a multi-disciplinary consultancy with a cutting-edge approach and is committed to excellence in building services design and client service. Providing the best solutions for their client base from concept to completion, JHA prides itself on our passion for developing sustainable building services solutions. JHA boasts a wide portfolio of building projects including commercial, residential, healthcare, government and education projects.
Salary will be negotiable and commensurate with experience and will match or exceed market rates. We are prepared to invest in the right person for our team and will offer salary packages to suit.
If you are ready to join a business with diverse and exciting prospects we would like to hear from you.
JHA is an equal employment opportunity employer.
To apply please submit your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website www.jhaservices.com
** Unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?