Advertiser: Arcadis3.5122 out of 53.5 overall rating (41 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Feb 2021
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Civil/Structural Engineering
What are we looking for?
We are expanding our civil engineering team to support civil projects with opportunities to work on major infrastructure projects in other geographies and markets.
This role will see you:
- Contribute to the delivery of drainage designs on various projects from small intersection upgrades to complex billion-dollar projects
- Provide technical design expertise for drainage and water quality systems, including piped networks and major transverse drainage structures
- Coordinate and verify designs with project teams working across multiple offices including our international design hubs
- Embracing a strong digital work environment and delivery culture
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
Who are we looking for?
First and foremost, you share our passion for improving the quality of life. You pride yourself for the part you play in transforming the world around you and understand the importance of teamwork. You are a technically capable civil engineer, experienced in drainage design for civil infrastructure projects and come to us with:
- Experience in several facets of the project lifecycle from tendering and concept design through to construction
- Demonstrated self-management; the ability to work autonomously and take ownership of outcomes
- Experience working on projects with TMR, RMS, MRWA or VicRoads
- Proven skills with drainage software such as 12D
- The desire to work collaboratively in a high performing team environment
- Hydrology and hydraulic modelling experience using Tuflow will be highly regarded
Who are we?
For over 75 years Arcadis Australia Pacific has been a leader in built and natural asset design and management and we strive to create smart, sustainable solutions for our valued clients. To achieve this, we collaborate with the 28,000 Arcadians in over 350 offices around the globe on world-changing projects.
How are we different from others?
It is through our talented and passionate people and the unique combination of global knowledge and local expertise which enables us in shaping Australia’s future. We are proud to work on iconic projects that improve quality of life not just in Australia but around the world. Our culture puts people first. Where everyone has the opportunity to own their career and transform their world.
The team you will join is dedicated to the design of stormwater infrastructure. Our experience in the field is extensive and encompasses the design of projects that include Pacific and Princes Highway upgrades, Iron Cove Bridge, Sydney Metro, Western Sydney Airport and WestConnex, as well as the independent certification of projects such like Grafton Bridge, NorthConnex, and Toowoomba Second Range Crossing. The types of projects we are involved with are the largest transport infrastructure has to offer in Australia.
Why work for us?
You'll experience more than a career - you'll be working on industry-defining projects that will give you growth opportunities. The ability to work in an agile way means you can transform your world. And more broadly, the work that you do will benefit wider society.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value and promote diversity at Arcadis, and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- 2020 WGEA Equal Opportunity Employer of Choice for Gender Equality
- 2020 Flex Able certified employer
- 2018 Great Place to Work certified employer
At Arcadis, we choose to deal with you directly. We will not accept applications from recruitment agencies for this role, so if you’re interested, please apply or visit our careers page for more information: www.arcadis.com/auscareers
If you know someone who would be a match or is also looking for exciting opportunity, we encourage you to share this opportunity.
We invite you to also join our Talent Community and stay up-to-date with the latest Arcadis jobs and receive exciting email updates.