Storage & Distribution Supervisor
Advertiser: Saputo Dairy AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Feb 2021
- Yarra Valley & High Country
- Work Type
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Warehousing, Storage & Distribution
About the business
Everything begins with passion, a legacy from the Saputo family, which offered tasty and quality cheeses to its community. Today, after more than 65 years, the company employs thousands of dedicated employees, proud of their role, who work day after day to deliver quality products to customers and consumers. To learn more visit us at http://www.saputo.com/en/careers
About the role
We are looking for S&D Supervisor to become a part of leadership team on a 6-month salary fixed term basis. Are you passionate about moving things forward, being hands-on to find solutions, and supporting a team that crafts quality dairy products? If so, we want to know more about you!
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, the S&D Supervisor is responsible for the safe and efficient day-to-day running of all site warehouse and logistics functions Including SDA & DMG. As a key member of the site leadership team, this role will drive the control, management and achievement of agreed performance indicators and the leadership and engagement of personnel to deliver strong customer service levels to internal and external customers.
- Managing OH&S requirements.
- Ensuring the labor plan matches operational requirements.
- Forecasting and planning warehousing space requirements.
- Completing and monitoring all KPI weekly/monthly.
- Utilize continuous improvement processes to ensure the most cost-effective warehouse solutions.
- Liaise with transport companies to develop the most cost-effective usage of transport.
- Use operational data and KPI's to recommend improvements across all facets of the business e.g. Quality, Safety, Efficiency, labor and truck utilization.
- Build strong relationships and cross divisional collaboration to ensure the successful implementation of strategy and goals.
- Provide support in relation to projects and initiatives to support operations.
- Manage variation between demand and supply of packaging / materials in conjunction with the central planning team.
- Management of packaging / materials planning and procurement data in SAP – ensuring purchase orders and all related procurement data are managed according to the published procedures.
- Tertiary degree in Logistics highly regarded
- Demonstrated experience in managing and coaching staff
- Experienced in Logistics.
- Team Engagement, 2 + years Food Manufacturing or Manufacturing Experience.
- Adequate computer skills, MS Office, Lotus Notes, SAP and Quest.
- Ability to collect and analyze data, prepare reports, prepare and deliver presentations to Management and teams.
- Outstanding time management and Organisation skills are essential, prioritization and management of issues which require a sense of urgency.
- Fixed term, full time position
- Competitive salary package
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees and their families
- Ability to salary sacrifice into your superannuation
Applications close Sunday 28th February 2021
Saputo Dairy Australia is an equal opportunity employer
As we receive a high level of interest in our opportunities, only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience working with logistics, freight & delivery services?
- How many years' experience do you have in supply chain management (SCM)?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.