Benefits and Perks
- Direct, Full Time employment
- Pay rates in accordance with TFIT Maintenance Technician Enterprise Agreement 2019
- On-the-job training provided
- Regular career development opportunities
- Internal promotions encouraged
- Excellent WHS culture
- Attractive work hours and roster flexibility
About the Role
Due to an increase in production, we are looking for an experienced Maintenance Fitter to join our team in Tamworth, NSW. This permanent position is 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with additional overtime when required and paid in addition to the already attractive hourly rate.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Boiler operation as required
- Conduct boiler water tests
- Maintain all plant equipment to ensure production requirements are maintained/met
- Perform planned/preventative maintenance when required
- Perform hydraulic and other services when required
- Perform mechanical checks when required, including lubrication and air supply etc.
- Understand and regularly report on the condition status of various equipment/machinery
- Understanding of quality control techniques
- Good communication and computer skills
- Ability to perform work safely under limited
- Mentor, train and supervise apprentices at all stages
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III or higher/equivalent
- At least 1 year experience as a Fitter (or equivalent)
- Great work ethic
- Industrial Maintenance Fitter background would be favoured, but not essential
- Prior experience supervising apprentices is favoured, but not essential
A 100% Australian owned and operated Company, Thomas Foods International Tamworth (TFIT) is an industry leader in the small stock processing industry. The plant is one of three meat processing facilities owned and operated by Thomas Foods International and produces lamb & sheep products for domestic and export sale across 80 countries.
Our mission is to feed families globally, through premium quality products, exceptional service, high safety standards and sustainable practices.
Please note, all shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment Health Assessment and Drug Test.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a maintenance fitter?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.