Secondary Science Teacher
Advertiser: OneSchool Global Australia LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Mar 2021
- Blue Mountains & Central West
- Work Type
- Education & Training, Teaching - Secondary
OneSchool Global is one of the world’s largest, truly global schools, with over 9500 students, 130 campuses and 2500 staff operating across 20 countries.
OneSchool Global is renowned for its innovation and offers a range of learning opportunities for its students and development opportunities for its staff.
Based at our Orange campus the position for Secondary Science Teacher will commence in Term 2, 2021 and is a fixed term contract until the end of Term 4, 2021. An ongoing position is also a possibility. Part-time (0.6 Load) or Full-time (1.0 Load) option available.
This position reports directly to the Head of Campus and will teach General Science Yr. 7- 12 and a willingness to teach PE and sport would be advantageous.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Prepare all daily lessons and unit plans of work in accordance with syllabus requirements
- Plan collaboratively with subject teaching teams
- Evaluate and report on the progress of student
- Discuss individual performance with students and their parents
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have an excellent understanding of the NSW Curriculum and Syllabus. You must be a registered teacher by the NSW Educational Standards Authority (NESA) and have relevant teaching and tertiary qualifications and hold a current Working with Children Check (WWCC). Ability to teach Engineering Science an advantage
You will need to be comfortable stepping away from traditional classroom teaching practices, to embrace modern teaching methods and technologies including video conferencing and online resources.
Graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Competitive remuneration
- Ongoing professional development and training
- A safe, caring, and supportive work environment
- Proven academic performance and small class sizes
- State of the art teaching facilities providing a modern and technologically advanced learning environment for students
OneSchool Global has a clear vision and our values are the heart of everything we do. Our culture is supportive and dynamic, and our success is enabled by an engaging, passionate team approach.
If you have a genuine love of teaching, possess a "can do" attitude and ability to be flexible within a dynamic workplace environment, please apply today.
For further information about our school or this position please contact Kristine Christian, Head of Campus on 02 6360 4123.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have current teacher's registration in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a secondary school teacher?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.