Front End Developer
Advertiser: Buildings AliveMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Mar 2021
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Developers/Programmers
About the business
At Buildings Alive, we provide automated daily feedback and technical analysis to optimise the energy and environmental performance of large, complex buildings. We work with leading property owners, operators and technical specialists across hundreds of office towers, shopping centres, academic buildings, laboratories and other complex facilities throughout Australia, Europe and the United States.
Visit our website to find out more: http://www.buildingsalive.com
About the role
We’re seeking a mid level front end engineer with the proven technical ability to lead development/implementation work for new products and incrementally improve the end user experience of our products and services.
You’ll be spending your time:
- Rapidly prototyping and conducting internal and external user testing of new visual concepts as a part of new feature/function and product/service development
- Designing and implementing new user interfaces and user interface components across our energy analytics platforms
- Reviewing and renovating existing end user interfaces across our products and services with a view to driving higher end user engagement rates
- Working in a devops/agile/sprint-based environment in a cross-functional team
- Contributing to a range of research/innovation projects from a user experience and information design perspective and undertaking supporting front end implementation.
You’ll be joining an established team of experienced technical staff in a platforms team, as part of a business that is privately held, financially stable, and achieving significant growth.
Benefits and perks
Buildings Alive offers a friendly and highly flexible work environment with a growing list of generous benefits including:
- remote working (we have a Sydney CBD office which is used part time by most staff, however we would to be open to employing someone in a non-Sydney location. Australian time zones eg GMT+10 would be preferred)
- tools of trade (laptop/workstation + mobile/mobile service supplied)
- quarterly team/social events and an annual team retreat (typically in/around Sydney)
- annual performance and remuneration review
- career development and growth opportunities including an annual learning and development allowance
- employee share scheme (subject to qualification)
Skills and experience
From a technical/user-centred development perspective, you’ll likely have:
- A portfolio of front end projects you can show us and explain your contribution to them
- Implementation experience in building responsive and adaptive user interfaces for a wide range of devices and browsers
- Likely 4-5 years of industry experience with front end web development
- A degree in a relevant field (e.g. human-computer interaction, user experience, data analysis, computer science, information systems) or a combination of industry training and practical experience
- Understanding of front end architectures, and the performance-design constraints of building large-scale single-page web applications and interactive data visualisation services
- Any experience working with mobile development (PWA rather than native apps) or Java (J2SE) is a bonus
- Any experience with training/cross-skilling/mentoring other developers is a bonus
At a personal level you will:
- Curiosity regarding how people interact with, interpret and act on quantitative information, particularly in the context of energy analytics
- A strong sense of visual and information design and aesthetics but a pragmatic approach which is aware of the practicalities of implementation
- Excellent communication (written/spoken) and interpersonal skills, including when working with remote team members and with clients
- The desire to develop your technical skills and career and willingness to take on additional responsibilities to help us grow
- An appreciation of our company culture and values – see https://www.buildingsalive.com/about/work-with-us/
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of front end development experience do you have?
- Do you have experience with responsive / mobile first web development?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.