About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Registered Nurse passionate about providing a high standard of clinical care and leadership within the scope of practice to our residents and staff at Ocean Star Village.
If you are enthusiastic, energetic and striving to make a difference to those in your care we would love to hear from you.
The successful applicant will be working minimum 4 days per fortnight (including one weekend) and providing holiday and sick relief cover as needed.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Delivering skilled nursing, clinical, personal and end-of-life care for Residents according to care plans
- Acting as a role model, providing nursing leadership, by working collaboratively with all members of the multi-disciplinary team, complying with the clinical governance framework, quality management systems and Catholic Homes' model of care.
- Completing Resident assessments and developing, evaluating and reviewing care plans on an ongoing basis
- Recognising Residents’ changing health care needs and initiating timely referrals to internal and external providers in consultation with the Resident and their authorised representative
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Current AHPRA (Registered) Nursing Registration
- Availability to work every second weekend
- Experience in Aged Care (desirable)
- Excellent clinical skills and knowledge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Dedication and passion for working with the elderly
Benefits and Perks
- Salary package up to $15,900 pa + $2,650 pa for entertainment benefits
- Free parking
- Paid professional development leave
- Comprehensive induction program and ongoing professional development.
- Ongoing support from the site Clinical Nurse and Facility Manager
- Close to public transport
- Employee Assistance Program.
Caring for Western Australians for over 50 years, Catholic Homes is a leading not-for-profit comprehensive aged care provider. We pride ourselves on providing a workplace that reflects our values of joy, love and hospitality.
Catholic Homes’ ‘Care with Purpose’ model, based on the Montessori principles, advocates being active and independent for as long as possible.
We have six Residential Care facilities, with four located alongside a Retirement Village.
Our Home Care service across Perth and Regional WA is tailored to suit individual needs of those living in the community.
Catholic Homes is an inclusive organisation welcoming all faiths and backgrounds.
Catholic Homes’ innovation and proactive approach to aged care has won us numerous awards including the 2020 Institute of Hospitality In Health Care’s (IHHC) Brightest Star Award and Better Practice Award for its Circle of Men project.
To view the position description click here
For further information on this role please email your queries to Evelyn Dyer, Facility Manager on Evelyn.Dyer@catholichomes.com
Applicants must have the right to work and live in Australia and possess or be willing to obtain a current National Police Clearance.
Please note, Catholic Homes does not provide sponsorship.
For more information on working with Catholic Homes please visit www.catholichomes.com
Join the Catholic Homes team today!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a registered nurse?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- Have you completed a qualification in nursing?
- Please describe your experience in Aged Care and/or as a Registered Nurse Free text
- Are you located in Bunbury or surrounding area?
- Are you available to work 4 days per fortnight, including one weekend?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.