Solution Architect (Level 2)
Healthcare Logic is one of Queensland’s fasting growing technology start-ups, and we are aiming for global market leadership within the next five years. We build software to help hospitals work better. We are fully funded and currently transacting in five jurisdictions. Our flagship product is SystemView: a new-to-the-world analytics platform using high-frequency data automation and a proprietary UI to give clinical and executive leaders in hospitals previously unobtainable insights and actionable data.
ABOUT THE ROLE
To continue building out our web & platform engineering team, we are now looking for a committed and motivated individual to join us at an exciting time of rapid expansion. If you are a passionate solution designer and architect and are hungry for defining and rolling out state-of-the-art patterns for large scale applications using modern cloud-native technology, this role is for you. You will be reporting directly to the director of engineering Web & Platform, with a dotted line to our Chief Architect.
You will be joining a multi-talented and diverse team of web, data and DevOps engineers with responsibilities including:
- Work with Product Owners and engineers to develop architectural plans that align with the Product Roadmap.
- Develop detailed Software Architectural designs that encompass all elements of the Software Stack including Front End Web, Business Logic Layer API, Data Architecture and Integration with Customer Systems.
- Produce Solution Architecture & Implementation Design for on Premise and Cloud operating environments.
- Develop organisational design principles that support essential non-functional requirements such as Data Integrity, Performance, Security, Scalability, Availability and Deployability.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of cloud technologies and stay abreast of current industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Improving the security and scalability of our SystemView platform.
- Participate in technical architecture council and other similar councils to improve overall Web and Platform design patterns and development framework.
SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
These skills and experience will help get you onto the shortlist:
- A degree in Computer Science or similar, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge in cloud infrastructure and web application architecture and development. A portfolio of your recent projects will be useful to help us understand your ability.
- Demonstrable experience working as a Product Owner or Business Analyst in the context of Software Development or Implementation projects.
- Experience working with modern Application Architectural principles such as service-oriented architecture, distributed systems, service mesh, container orchestration.
- API design experience including versioning, documentation, and utilisation of modern API management tools such as Swagger, including experience with REST, GraphQL and RPC.
- Solid understanding of Database technologies in the context of data driven applications.
- Solid understanding of modern web application frameworks and design patterns for building performant and maintainable software.
- Experience working with Cloud services such as Azure and AWS in the context of design and build of complex Application hosting environments at scale utilising PaaS services and Infrastructure as Code.
- Extensive understanding of security principles as they apply to on premise and cloud infrastructure.
- Certifications in Solution Architecture, Security, Data Engineering and Software Development highly regarded.
- Be a critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication, collaboration, and documentation skills.
- Be passionate about delivering high quality work and in timely manner.
- Able to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
Core SFIA skills correspondence:
- Solution Architecture - ARCH level 4+ [link removed]
- Systems design - DESN Level 4+ [link removed]
- Software design – SWDN Level 4+ [link removed]
- Systems integration and build – SINT Level 4+ [link removed]
- Emerging technologies monitoring - EMRG Level 4+ [link removed]
- Asset management – ASMG Level 4+ [link removed]
- IT Infrastructure – ITOP Level 4 [link removed]
- Change Management – CHMG Level 4 [link removed]
Job benefits and perks
- Join a team at the cutting edge of healthcare analytics to improve patient outcomes worldwide.
- Solve interesting real-world problems in a dynamic environment.
- Attractive salary working in a modern office space with awesome views in the Gold Coast.
- Potential to work and collaborate with world-class teams as we are deploying our software globally.
- Working from home and flexible hours.
- Monthly team offsite gathering promoting social interaction, education and training and professional development.
To apply, click the "Apply for this job" button, please attach your current resume plus a cover letter briefly describing how you can bring value to this role.
To be considered for this position, send the link to your online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org [link removed]
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a solutions architect?
- How many years' experience do you have in a software development role?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of service-oriented architecture (SOA)?
- How many years' experience do you have with change management?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.