Intermediate Web Engineer
Healthcare Logic is one of Queensland’s fastest growing technology start-ups, and we are aiming for global market leadership within the next five years. We build software to help hospitals work better. We are fully funded and currently transacting in five jurisdictions. Our flagship product is SystemView: a new-to-the-world analytics platform using high-frequency data automation and a proprietary UI to give clinical and executive leaders in hospitals previously unobtainable insights and actionable data.
ABOUT THE ROLE
To continue building out our front-end engineering team, we are now looking for a committed and motivated individual to join us at an exciting time of rapid expansion. If you are a passionate web developer and are hungry for developing state-of-the-art application using modern technology stack, this role is for you.
You will be joining a multi-talented and diverse team of Web engineer with responsibilities include:
- Contribute to improving our test framework, i.e. Cypress
- Participating in improving our design and contribute to development of new UI/UX design.
- Providing technical and helpdesk support to other part of the business, including debugging, troubleshooting of technical issue during an outage or identified bugs.
- Participating in code and peer review process.
- Improving our CI/CD pipelines and maintaining solution on Azure Devops platform.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of front-end technologies and stay abreast of current industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Improving secure web development practices and methodologies of SystemView application.
SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
These skills and experience will help get you onto the shortlist:
- A degree in Computer Science or similar, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge in web application development. A portfolio of your recent projects will be useful to help us understand your ability.
- Experience using Git repository such as Bitbucket, Github, Azure Devops and other PaaS technology.
- Experience in setting up CI/CD pipeline and using tools such as Azure Devops, Bamboo, Travis, Jenkins, as well as other CI/CD tools.
- Experience in database design especially RDBMS and have developed application using one of the database engines such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, and MongoDB.
- Experience and skills in developing application using SPA architecture, build systems, cross browser compatibility and HTML5/CSS layout, including SASS, UI/UX knowledge and wireframing.
- Prior experience with application or web development working in fast-paced agile and exposure to modern collaborative tools such as Scrum and Test-Driven Development.
- Good communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Healthcare data preferred but not essential.
- Experience with Amazon AWS or Azure Cloud Platform, in particular App Services and Virtual Machines are highly desirable.
- Experience in setting up CI/CD pipelines will get you shortlisted for this position.
- Be a critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Be passionate about delivering high quality work and in timely manner.
- Able to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
Core SFIA skills correspondence:
- Programming/Software Development – PROG Level 2+ [link removed]
- Requirement definition and management – REQM Level 2 [link removed]
- Software design – SWDN Level 2 [link removed]
- Systems integration and build – SINT Level 2 [link removed]
- System installations/decommissioning – HSIN Level 2 [link removed]
- IT Infrastructure – ITOP Level 2 [link removed]
- Sales support – SSUP Level 2 [link removed]
- Database Administration – DBAD Level 2 [link removed]
- Application Support – ASUP Level 2 [link removed]
Job benefits and perks
- Join a team at the cutting edge of Healthcare analytics to improve patient outcomes worldwide.
- Solve interesting real-world problems in a dynamic environment.
- Attractive salary working in a modern office space with awesome views.
- Potential to work and collaborate internationally.
- Working from home and flexible hours.
- Monthly team offsite gathering promoting social interaction, education and training and professional development.
To apply, click the "Apply for this job" button, please attach your current resume plus a cover letter briefly describing how you can bring value to this role.
To be considered for this position, send the link to your online portfolio to email@example.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a software development role?
- Do you have experience with Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS)?
- Do you have experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)?
- Which of the following programming languages are you experienced in?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.