- Job Listing Date
- 1 Apr 2021
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- PLUS Income Protection + Paid Parental Leave + EAP
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Urban Design & Planning
Who we are
Tract is a national planning and design practice specialising in town planning, urban design, landscape architecture and associated digital media.
As planners and designers our charter is to deliver sustainable and memorable solutions, shaping places for living, leisure and work, and the infrastructure that supports and connects these places. We do this by harnessing the strength and diversity of our collective expertise.
Our comprehensive planning and design services, and the scale and pedigree of our practice provide the capacity to address projects of all scales and complexities.
With flexibility and support sought after now more than ever, Tract works with each individual to craft a working life that balances priorities, both in the office and working from home.
Tract seeks a dynamic Town Planner, and Senior Town Planner, as we continue to grow. This is both a statutory and strategic planning role and the successful applicant will be exposed to projects across a range of sectors.
For this role we are looking for a town planner with expertise in delivering greenfield projects to assist our immediate resourcing need in that area. The role can also include permit applications for residential and commercial developments, due diligence advice, VCAT advocacy and evidence report writing and planning scheme amendments.
- Exposure to a diversity of high-profile projects across Victoria, including:
- new communities
- central city developments
- infill and mixed use
- renewable energy
- strategic planning project work with state and local government
- masterplans, development plans and activity centre plans, working alongside our urban design and landscape teams
- People-oriented environment, backed by supportive teammates
- Flexibility to work from home, in the office and on a part-time arrangement
- Professional development – opportunities to attend conferences / seminars / courses, and working with in-house, design-based disciplines
- Career development – clear career path & opportunities
- Culture – convivial and collaborative work environment with regular social activities
- Mentoring – work alongside and learn directly from well-known leaders in the industry
- Paid parental leave, scholarships, income protection insurance, employee assistance program and wellbeing program
- Location - conveniently situated opposite Flinders Street Station in Southbank
- Amenity - contemporary office with sweeping city and river views and a private outdoor terrace designed by Tract’s landscape architecture team.
- Ride to work with state-of-the-art end of trip facilities.
As a Town Planner, you will have:
- Post graduate experience in the Victorian planning system at a similar level, or ready to make the step up;
- Demonstrated capabilities in statutory and strategic planning projects of various complexities and dealing with a variety of stakeholders;
- Solid understanding of the Planning and Environment Act, Victoria Planning Provisions and associated policies;
- Awareness of current planning, development, economic, social and environmental issues;
- An enthusiastic, proactive and commercial attitude;
- Ability to build rapport with clients and stakeholders;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; and
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in urban / town planning.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.