Data Scientist - Seek Position Description
Minimum NV1 Defence clearance or eligibility to acquire one is mandatory (requires Australian Citizenship).
Fivecast is a world-leading provider of digital intelligence solutions. We enable the world’s most important public and private organizations to explore masses of data and uncover actionable insights, critical to protecting global communities.
As a growing start-up, all team members are provided with the opportunity to directly contribute to our success, participate in the development of new and emerging technologies and grow their career in a challenging and dynamic high-tech environment.
Fivecast is an inclusive employer, we value diversity of thought and experience and believe our inclusive culture contributes to our success. We are committed to building a workforce that is representative of the communities in which we live and work.
Our Work Environment and Culture
Only a few minutes from the city, Fivecast is located at Base 64 on North Terrace, home to other innovative and interesting Australian technology start-ups. Enjoy a casual, relaxed atmosphere that encourages collaboration and includes a fully equipped kitchen, barista quality coffee machine, end of trip facilities, comfortable indoor and outdoor spaces for meetings and eating. Base 64 also provides onsite parking or unmetered street parking is available nearby.
Fivecast has a connected work culture with team members often taking advantage of the in-house Foosball table, local cafes, bars, pubs and sporting facilities for Friday lunches, afterwork drinks and group activities. At Fivecast we understand the importance of a good work-life balance and support flexible work arrangements.
Qualifications & experience
Tertiary Qualifications: PhD or master's degree in a scientific discipline with strong applied mathematics or statistics.
- Defence Clearance Minimum NV1 defence clearance or eligibility to acquire one is mandatory.
- Advanced skills in the application of machine learning, mathematical models and data mining to business problems. Advanced skills in information extraction and retrieval from unstructured data sources. Advanced skills with Python or R.
- Demonstrated experience with key technology areas including deep learning, data analytics, data mining, visualisation, and Big Data.
- Demonstrated experience with advanced NLP, graph analysis technologies, open-source big data platforms and toolkits.
- Experience utilising disparate data sources, prototyping and the evaluation of solutions.
- Experience with Python or Java. Experience with AWS.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to elicit requirements and deliver results. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Strong technical writing skills. Strong communication, mentoring and teaching skills.
- Strong organisational skills, is detail oriented, and a pro-active team player.
- Expected Behaviours - To model the behaviours expected of all staff, the Data Scientist will: Support & encourage a diversity of views, skills & personalities across the business Be open, honest and maintain respect for all personnel & partners. Commit to deliver and deliver on all commitments.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Application of machine learning, deep learning, modelling, statistics, data mining and visualisation to solve complex analytical problems.
- Writing and maintaining code to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications in accordance with quality accredited standards.
- Information extraction and retrieval from structured and unstructured data sources, using NLP and deep learning techniques.
- Researching, consulting, analysing and evaluating system program needs.
- Identifying technology limitations and deficiencies in existing systems and associated processes, procedures and methods.
- Undertaking software development, testing, debugging, integration and evaluation activities using the prescribed development methodology, tools, standards and environments.
- Define, document and communicate implementation choices and approaches.
- Ensuring that aspects of performance, deployment and maintainability have been considered when developing software components.
- Providing advice, guidance and expertise for resolving technical problems and trade-offs and developing proposals and strategies for software design activities.
- In addition to the duties identified above, additional duties will be determined by Fivecast and communicated to you from time to time in line with those to be reasonably expected of the position.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a data scientist?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.