BAC is a large and complex regional community development organisation providing services to homelands in the Maningrida region, administering some 50 grants and managing a suite of businesses and programs including: Housing, Civil Works, Essential Services, Bábbarra Women’s Centre, Bawinanga Rangers, Barlmarrk Supermarket, Fuel Supplies, Mechanical Workshops, Arts and Culture/Djomi Museum, Wild Foods Café, Community Patrol, Employment Services and Money Management Services.
BAC is governed by a Board of Directors who are elected by corporation members every two years. BAC enacts policies developed at the executive level through the leadership of the CEO and the Senior Management team.
BAC’s mission is to improve the lifeways of our people on land and sea in order to preserve and grow culture and language.
BAC is a values-based organisation with an emphasis on: Trust, Transparency, Innovation and Partnership. These are principles and behaviours we display when working together.
The Finance Manager position is responsible for provision of the operational management of accounting services to operational divisions. Primary functions are to manage the financial functions of grants and project activities and be responsible for the development and maintenance of all budgets. The key accountabilities of this role are;
- Provide financial services and advice in line with accounting standards and best practice to all division general managers including: holding regular meetings to review actual vs budget income and expenditure and provide training in raising of purchase orders and reading and analysing financial management reports.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and adherence of finance policies and procedures.
- Develop, implement and maintain the organisational, division and cost centre budgets as well as provide the Operations Manager with reports on actual vs budget for each cost centre.
- Prepare a variety of financial reports for BAC including monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts, and reports for the Board, ORIC, Auditors and any other statutory bodies where directed and within capability
- Oversee cash management activities and ensure that internal controls are effective, continuously improved and meet best practice standards and auditing requirements.
- Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, assist with the interim and annual audits and support internal audit functions by ensuring controls are in place to track procedures, identify and manage day-to-day risks in the operation of accounting systems to enable accurate financial reporting and financial statements.
- Continually improve the design, operation and integrity of accounting information systems and functions to ensure effective and efficient service delivery, accurate data is available for auditing, reporting, decision-making and aid the identification of trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Effectively lead, manage and supervise finance officers and provide guidance and training to support performance and deliver services as specified in financial policies and procedures.
In order to be successful in this position it is essential that you have;
- Degree in accounting and/or financial management and professional membership.
- Demonstrated experience as a team leader in delivering professional management accounting services.
- Extensive experience in the preparation, implementation and maintenance of budgets at the organisational and cost centre levels.
- Experience in financial and accounting practices particularly related to the functions of internal and external reporting: end-of-month processing and analysis of management accounting information.
- Demonstrated experience in providing complex financial and accounting policy advice to senior management, including the analysis and presentation of financial data and preparation of briefing papers for management.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with team members and foster a commitment to changing service standards and business improvement strategies and principles.
- Proven high-level written and verbal communication skills, including advising management on complex matters, establishing and maintaining effective networks and influencing non-financial people to understand changing financial and accounting business requirements.
- Strong background in accounting information system and data improvement, auditing and reporting and assisting internal and external auditors perform their duties.
- Demonstrated leadership, mentoring and team management skills to ensure capability and capacity to deliver on current and future work.
This position is based in Maningrida, it is not a FIFO role. Remote living in an Indigenous community is not for everyone, please consider this prior to applying for this position.
If you would like to submit your application please send a current resume and cover letter addressing the above essential criteria to email@example.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a finance manager?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years of accounting experience do you have?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.