- Job Listing Date
- 8 Apr 2021
- Sydney, North West & Hills District
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Consulting & Generalist HR
Head of Risk and Compliance, Culture & People
We have an ambition for Woolworths Group to have Best in Class End-to-End (E2E) Pay Processes, and have formed an Agile Enablement Tribe to deliver this transformational and likely once-in-a-career opportunity.
Woolworths Group operates Australia's largest and most complex payroll, and we are committed to achieving confidence and trust that we pay our team members accurately. Achieving this ambition will require a complex and multi-year transformation of our people systems and processes.
About the role
In this newly created role as the Head of Risk & Compliance, Culture & People (C&P), you will support the leadership team to deliver the Risk Management strategy in C&P through the design and implementation of key initiatives related to frameworks, methodologies, processes and tools.
This role will actively engage with various parts of Woolworths C&P, the risk community, and the broader business to provide advice, constructive challenge and support to embed our enterprise risk management and compliance framework.
This role is hands-on and will work collaboratively to work across the entire risk and compliance landscape for this project. A critical part of your role will be to help build best in class end-to-end pay processes, through your leadership of the Governance stream of the E2E Pay Processes Program.
Key responsibilities include:
- Stand up the risk & compliance function within C&P, including consolidating the activities and streams of work already in operation
- Provide assistance and guidance to develop risk and controls assessment, including the identification, assessment and appropriate management of risks
- Lead the Governance stream of the E2E Pay Processes Program and develop a best in class controls monitoring program that is fit for Woolworths Group’s needs
- Serve as a trusted business partner and a key point of contact for risk, compliance & controls management matters in C&P.
We’re looking for someone with a curious mindset, a desire to make a difference, strong communication and presentation skills, and an interest in visualising what could be achieved with big data at scale.
Woolworths operates in a complex and fast-moving environment. You will be flexible and adaptive - Freedom within a Framework is one of Woolworths Group’s core ways of working.
You will also have:
- Relevant qualifications in Risk, Commerce/Accounting, General Management or similar
- CPRM/CPRA (RMIA) or equivalent qualification will be looked upon favourably
- 10+ years of experience across risk management and audit, preferably in both professional services and within a commercial environment
- Proven ability to lead transformation, ideally in an Agile environment
- Strong experience in compliance, internal controls and ideally exposure to IT controls
- Strong relationship management skills, with evidence of working effectively and collaboratively within and across teams in an agile way
- Proven experience in leading and supporting decision-making in a complex and rapidly evolving business environment
- Previous risk experience in a retail environment or pay processes is preferred, but is not mandatory
- Proven experience of working in a high performing team
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via www.wowcareers.com.au. #LI
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.