Deputy General Manager (Operations)
Advertiser: Ikara Wilpena EnterpriseMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Apr 2021
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Management
Deputy General Manager (Operations) Ikara Wilpena Pound
Ikara Wilpena Enterprise in partnership with NRMA Parks and Resorts have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our team as the Deputy General Manager of Operations at this stunning property.
A unique property, Ikara Wilpena Pound is the only accommodation located within the Ikara Flinders Ranges National Park, 430km north of Adelaide. The IWE company is building one of Australia’s premier Indigenous and eco-tourism experiences. This extraordinary landscape includes 800 million year old fossils unique in the world and has been home to Adnyamathanha people for tens of thousands of years. Enjoy a haven of outback hospitality with 60 hotel rooms, 15 glamping safari tents, a picturesque campground, National Park Visitor Information Centre, restaurant, bar/bistro, swimming pool and general store.
About the role
The successful person will provide support to the General Manager daily and will be responsible for the smooth functioning of the Resort in the absence of the General Manager. This role requires a hands-on approach, flexibility with shifts and the ability to lead and direct a team of staff in achieving daily outcomes, monthly budgets and KPIs.
This is a varied role which will see you, build and maintain successful relationships with employees and key stakeholders by providing hands on, leadership, support and operational advice daily. A passion for and understanding of indigenous culture and employment is critical to success.
To be considered for this position, you will demonstrate:
- A strong background in Food & Beverage service & management.
- Accommodation experience including the use of reservation systems such as Newbook or RMS.
- Experience in managing expenses and wages within a budget and knowledge of how to interpret financial information is essential.
- Understanding of Work, Health and Safety legislation and our responsibilities as an employer and service provider.
- A flexible attitude to work and work hours and the passion to work as part of a close team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Strong people management skills and the ability to build and maintain good relationships with staff and guests.
- Proven ability to lead a team and motivate a dedicated and culturally diverse team.
Common tasks performed by a Deputy General Manager (Operations) include but are not limited to:
- Oversite and management of all Food and Beverage facilities
- Guest services & responding to issues.
- Ensuring grounds maintenance, gardening and general accommodation repairs are up to date.
- Monitoring of guest and business accounts.
- Reception duties including bookings, answering the phone, check-ins/outs etc.
- Stock control and ordering.
- Booking and organising functions.
- Resort activity organisation and participation.
- Staff recruitment, induction, training, supervision & rostering.
- Night patrols & being available for after-hours call-outs.
Our ideal candidate will have previously managed or held a senior role in a holiday park, resort, or similar tourism related role. You will have experienced working in a remote environment and/or with Indigenous interests at an enterprise level where initiative, organisational and advance planning skills are essential.
You will demonstrate a flexible attitude to work and the passion to work as part of an operational team who are hands on, confident and have a passion for delivering outstanding guest relations. You will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and have proven evidence of successful financial and strategic management and ability. You are a hands-on leader; you walk the talk and can communicate to and manage staff at all levels.
You will also be service driven with a strong ethic to progress the Yura Engagement Strategy, thriving on working with local and Indigenous people to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes along with a willingness to work with the Adnyamathanha Traditional Owners.
- Building one of Australia’s most incredible natural and Indigenous tourism experiences
- Great team culture
- Live and work in the Great Outdoors where others go to holiday
- Onsite Accommodation
We offer competitive employment terms and ongoing support from our Operations staff who will induct you to our company and methodologies. We also provide continued support and guidance in such areas as Marketing, IT, Human Resources, legislation and workplace health and safety.
For further information about Ikara Wilpena Pound you can visit our websites at https://www.wilpenapound.com.au
If you would like to be a part of our team, please apply via Seek, with a cover letter and current resume.
We thank you for your application in advance. Due to anticipated high volume of applications, only successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- How many years of hotel management experience do you have?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have experience working in remote areas?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.