About the business
McGuiness Funerals is a leading death care provider in the Tweed and Byron Shires. The funeral home sites offer our local communities onsite funeral chapels, arrangement rooms and private viewing and mortuary facilities.
About the role
This role is an integral part of our business and your care, dignity for the deceased and your ability to manage staff and budgets is paramount. The role includes:
- Leading a small team of dedicated professional funeral directors
- Managing the day to day running of the business including but not limited to; budgets, staff rosters, vehicle maintenance and servicing, stock control, banking, organising dates and times for funerals and other back of house duties
- Arranging and conducting funeral services for our client families
- Organising all aspects of the funeral with outside service providers including clergy, celebrants, flower providers, aged care facilities, hospitals as an example
- Liaising with other funeral directors in the team to enable efficient running of the funeral home
- Basic mortuary work may be required along with trimming of coffins and washing cars
- Demonstrate a sense of care and dignity
- Transferring of deceased from hospitals, aged care facilities, homes etc into our care
- Create a positive team environment
Benefits and perks
McGuiness Funerals is located in the beautiful Tweed Shire, New South Wales. The team at McGuiness are committed to supporting our client families and delivering the best possible customer service, providing appropriate support and comfort to families and loved ones of the recently deceased, and treating the deceased with dignity and respect, by listening to families wants and needs, finding proactive solutions to concerns, and providing information, care and support to everyone appropriately
Skills and experience
We are seeking someone with extensive business management skills who may also have funeral industry experience and if not, be willing to learn every aspect of funeral arranging and conducting. You must be able to demonstrate an ability to lead a team, work to strict deadlines and be dedicated to provide dignified care
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.