Fish Production Manager
Advertiser: Humpty Doo Barramundi Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Apr 2021
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Fishing & Aquaculture
Humpty Doo Barramundi is Australia’s premium barramundi producer, comprising about 40% of domestic farmed barramundi production. Located just south of Darwin (a major capital city) in the Northern Territory, Humpty Doo Barramundi is in an exciting consolidation and growth phase.
We are seeking applicants for the newly created role of Fish Production Manager. This is an important leadership position in our company, and you will be a committed, self-starter with strong leadership capabilities, willing and able to work at all levels from pond side to production meetings and delivering advice to the Executive. Reporting directly to the Head of Aquaculture, your primary responsibility is managing growout production, stocking and harvest coordination and overseeing the farm-based research activities of the business. Ideally, you will have either aquatic animal production experience in ponds or with barramundi, but we are open to applicants with other experience.
Humpty Doo Barramundi is known in the industry for our innovation, we pride ourselves on attracting staff who will have a crack, do what it takes and look out for each other. You won’t be alone, you will join a staff of more than 110 people working to make Humpty Doo Barramundi a truly amazing place to work.
Qualifications and Experience
- Formal qualifications in aquaculture or a closely related area
- Substantial previous experience in aquaculture industry
- Proven ability to supervise the activities of others, including directing staff and prioritising work effort to meet deadlines
- Genuine interest in acquiring expert industry knowledge
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to WHS practices and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to deliver project outcomes in accordance with specifications, budgets and required timeframes
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, and well developed oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects to required standards and within agreed deadlines
- Proven ability to complete associated administrative processes
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to follow precise written and verbal instructions and procedures
- Demonstrated initiative, problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated computer literacy, including ability to learning new applications and programs
- Ability to work safely with minimal supervision but be able to take direction
- Ability to maintain a positive, enthusiastic and professional approach at all times including under times of pressure
- Well-developed ability to interact with colleagues in a positive, courteous and respectful manner
- Punctual and reliable approach to work hours and professional attitude
- Heavy vehicle drivers license or ability to attain
- High Risk forklift licence (LF) or ability to attain.
Humpty Doo Barramundi is an equal opportunity employer and dynamic workplace.
Further information and enquiries can be directed to email@example.com [link removed] or 0499 500 442.
- How many years' experience do you have as a production manager?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Have you completed a qualification in science?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.