Advertiser: Spinifex RecruitingMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Apr 2021
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Up to $35.07 p.h. + + Super and Award loadings/al
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Machine Operators
Masterpet is developing a state-of-the-art premium pet food manufacturing facility with next generation product innovation and product development, currently not available elsewhere in Australia. Masterpet is a strong company with outstanding brands such as Blackhawk, VitaPet and Aristopet Animal Health with market leading positions across Australia and New Zealand.
Employment with Masterpet in Parkes, represents a fantastic career and lifestyle opportunity with all the advantages of a large regional town and a strong employer who prides itself on outstanding employee engagement and a strong commitment to health, safety and quality. Also offering above award pay rates, on the job training and relocation support, Masterpet has multiple roles and is now recruiting.
Spinifex Recruiting is now seeking applications for operational roles in the factory for commencement in late May 2021.
The Opportunity: Extruder Operator is responsible for operating and maintaining machines that extrude or draw raw material into kibble. This role requires an understanding of production processing standards, yield, weight, scrap and rework whilst also being able to meet production timeframes.
The facility will operate 24 hours per day, 5 days per week, with 8 hour shifts for 10 days of Day, Afternoon and Night Shift all on a rotating basis. Pay rates will be above Award and include all allowances and loadings associated with working in the manufacturing industry.
Skill and Experience. Whilst there are specific criteria for each position, and training will be provided, we are keen to hear from you if you have the following skills and experience
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably food manufacturing
- Minimum Year 12 numeracy and literacy, higher qualifications, including Certificate/Diploma in Food Processing, are also encouraged to apply
- Experience working with extrusion equipment, precision measurement devices or computerized control systems, is desirable
- Mathematical ability
- Strong attention to detail, a commitment to health, safety, quality and teamwork
You also need the right behaviours to be successful, for example, you are:
- Willing to look for every opportunity to surprise and delight our customers
- Willing to go above and beyond your own work to help others out
- Treating everybody with courtesy, politeness and kindness
- Striving for quality and excellence and never accepting mediocrity
- Demonstrating a value and understanding of differences in people
- Taking an interest in what you do, asking questions and being enthusiastic about exploring different approaches.
Above all, Masterpet is looking for passionate people, who believe that their work matters and feel a strong sense of pride in their work and in their teammates.
The company is committed to hiring people from the local area. They are however able to offer a generous relocation assistance package to successful candidates who would need to move to the immediate Parkes region.
If you are looking for a progressive and innovative company with a strong commitment to health and safety, quality, engagement and diversity please Apply Now to send your application.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.