One of Australasia's largest dedicated infrastructure service providers, Ventia is a new and dynamic organisation with a rich history. Our clients are the owners and operators of major infrastructure that is critical to our communities. No one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it. Making infrastructure work for our communities is at the heart of who we are and it's what unites and excites us.
Ventia are currently seeking a Regional Estate appraisal data and Planning Coordinator to join their team at RAAF Base Darwin. This role would see you sponsor the Estate Appraisal planning and data coordination pillar in support of the Regional Asset Management Office to assist in whole of Lifecycle Asset Management. You would be responsible for meeting all Estate Appraisal planning and information deliverables within the Northern Territory.
Primary Responsibilities and Key Deliverables
- Provide Estate Appraisal SME support within the NT Region.
- Articulate Estate Appraisal Contract deliverables to internal, client, customer and vendor stakeholders IAW Defence policy and legislative requirement.
- Perform SME function and Regional Point of Contact for Asbestos and Mould related issues.
- Respond to Defence Assurance requests relating to Estate Appraisal within the region.
- Development of the NT Estate Appraisal physical schedule and plans to ensure Asset Base Lining of all Infrastructure, Infrastructure Systems, Equipment Systems, and Buildings across the estate to capture mid-life and end of life timeframe expectancy IAW contract deliverables.
- Develop the schedule for asbestos hazard inspections and ensure that are completed within the region in accordance with Defence Asbestos Management Plan and schedule.
- Ensure that Estate Appraisal Objective Quality Evidence post physical appraisals is at a standard that will meet assurance audit requirements.
- Coordinate information transfer with Broadspectrum Technical Officers to ensure that recommendations from technical reports on the Defence Estate are captured and submitted for inclusion in the Estate Works Program through the EART and GEMS function.
- Manage inputs from other BRS service lines into the Estate Appraisal process, particularly Estate Upkeep and Land and Environment.
- Drive the planning, preparation and delivery of annual appraisal review in accordance with the requirements of the Estate Appraisal Policy.
- Provide support within the region for managing data associated with Estate Appraisal inputs, such as Fire Safety Surveys, Heritage Management Plans, Range Safety Inspections and other technical consultancies.
- Manage amendments to the Estate Works Program where identified either through physical or desktop appraisal.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of asset management principles and their application in the Estate Appraisal environment.
- Excellent level of computer skills including SAP, MS Word and Excel
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated written communication and IT skills.
- An ability to work independently, flexibly and adaptively in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Highly organised
- Knowledge of hazardous material and substance management and first response triage obligations
As this role is based within Defence - You must ba an Australian Citizen
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
To apply for this role, please click the apply button on this page.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Position Reference Number: 113928
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.