Disability Support Worker
Advertiser: Concept Care Disability Solutions Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Apr 2021
- Sydney, South West & M5 Corridor
- $30 - $39.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
Concept Care is a registered NDIS disability service provider specialising in providing exceptional care to clients across Sydney and its surrounds and Adelaide. We are committed to empowering each of our clients to live as independently as they choose and work diligently behind the scenes to ensure our clients receive exceptional customer and industry-focused service.
Concept Care are looking for various experienced Support Workers who are passionate about providing high quality care to our Aged Care and Disability clients, on a casual or permanent part-time basis. Applicants with broad and flexible availability are preferred. You must be an Australian Citizen for this role. Various morning and evening shifts available.
Support Workers have the privilege of working alongside people every day to ensure they are living a full and active life both in the community and in their home. Our support workers are passionate in assisting our clients with activities of daily living and personal care as determined by the needs of their Care Plan. These include but are not limited to:
- Domestic Assistance; cooking and meal preparations, cleaning and companionship
- Social Support; transporting to appointments, shopping or community outings
- Personal Care; showering, toileting and overall personal hygiene maintenance
If you have a caring personality and are passionate in making a positive difference in the lives of our aged or disabled clients then this may be the perfect role for you.
What we offer:
- Paid travel expenses
- Flexible work hours across 7 days
- COVID-19 PPE and uniform provided
- 24/7 support
- Opportunity for full-time for the right candidate
The successful candidate would ideally possess the below skills and qualifications:
- Certificate III or IV in Community, Aged Care, Disability or equivalent (mandatory)
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate (mandatory)
- Current Driver’s License and own vehicle (with comprehensive insurance) (mandatory)
- Current National, International Police Check or NDIS Worker Check (mandatory)
- Current Working with Children’s Check
- A minimum of two (2) employment references (mandatory)
- A minimum of twelve (12) months experience in aged care or community service (desirable)
- Manual Handling Certificate (desirable)
- Reliable and of a caring nature and understanding of the needs of vulnerable people
- Excellent communication skills
- Flu Vaccination (mandatory)
Note: A pre-employment medical may be required for this role.
Training is provided for individual clients needs as further career opportunities and progression is available to right candidate.
Concept Care is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer and values and encourages applications from all cultures and linguistically diverse people. Our vision is to see happy inclusive communities work together in collaborative and inclusive ways to create opportunity and improve quality of life.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.