Advertiser: Civic LegalMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Apr 2021
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Personal Injury Law
The Firm and Role
Civic Legal is one of Western Australia's premier boutique law firms, providing services to the insurance, local government and commercial sectors. Our vision is to provide excellent, client-focused services whilst maintaining a positive culture and work/life balance for staff.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of post-admission experience. He or she should have experience in personal injury law, preferably motor vehicle compulsory third party (CTP) insurance law (defendant).
The ideal candidate is a team player with strong communication skills, exceptional attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines. This candidate has a strong work ethic and seeks to produce high quality work. He or she is looking for a role in a friendly firm that will value their contribution and support their growth.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Analysing evidence
- Drafting legal advice to clients
- Managing a portfolio of client matters
- Attending hearings on behalf of the client
- Legal research and analysis where required
- Liaising with clients, counsel and experts
- Conducting interviews of expert witnesses and other key potential witnesses in preparing the client’s case
- Drafting pleadings, affidavits, notices, chamber summons applications, witness statements, and all other documents necessary and required
- Other relevant duties.
- Minimum 3 years PAE.
- Attention to detail;
- Strong analytical and drafting skills;
- Ability to work well in a team;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- Specific demonstrated experience in motor injury insurance.
How to apply
Submit your application via SEEK. Include:
- CV (3 pages max); and
- Cover letter (2 pages max)
- Proof of Australian Legal Practising Certificate.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we recommend submitting your application sooner rather than later.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in personal injury law?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you hold a current Australian legal practising certificate?
- How many years' experience do you have as a solicitor?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.