Advertiser: Civic LegalMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Apr 2021
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Litigation & Dispute Resolution
The Firm and Role
Civic Legal is one of Western Australia's premier boutique law firms, providing services to the insurance, local government and commercial sectors. Our vision is to provide excellent, client-focused services whilst maintaining a positive culture and work/life balance for staff.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a junior lawyer to join our litigation team.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will have at least 3 years’ experience working in a general or commercial litigation role.
They will be organised and have good interpersonal and communication skills. The ideal candidate is a team player with strong attention to detail, sound drafting skills and the ability to meet deadlines. They will have a strong work ethic and seek to produce high quality work.
They are looking for a role in a friendly firm that will value their contribution and support their growth.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
You will be supporting senior lawyers in the team by:
- Undertaking searches and analyses of discovered and trial documents
- Finding and summarising decided cases and legislation
- Generating draft court documents or correspondence
- Liaising with clients and opposing parties, as authorised
- Lodging of court and tribunal documents, as directed
- Providing support to senior lawyers in their attendances on clients or appearances at courts or tribunals
- Assisting in the management of client files
- Assisting with content marketing
- Using clear and concise communication with clients and colleagues including through the use of Plain Legal English principles.
Educational or Professional level required
- Minimum 3 years PAE
- Experience in general or commercial litigation
- Does not necessarily have to be already admitted in Western Australia (can gain admission upon moving to Perth)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team and foster a positive culture
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong matter management skills.
How to apply
Submit your application via SEEK. Include:
- CV (3 pages max)
- Cover letter (2 pages max)
- Proof of Australian Legal Practising Certificate.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we recommend submitting your application sooner rather than later.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a lawyer?
- How many years' experience do you have in litigation & dispute resolution law?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.