- Job Listing Date
- 15 Apr 2021
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Programme & Project Management
- Are you excited by these words: Stakeholder Management, Problem Solving, Outcome Driven, Strategic Thinking and Align Deliverables?
- Do you pride yourself on your ability to Co-Ordinate, communicate and effectively document the objectives, progress and outcomes for each program of work?
- Join us and work in a fun, flexible and performance driven team
Workwear Group (WWG) is part of the Wesfarmers Industrial & Safety Division, a top 20 ASX listed company with over 200,000 employees. We are the trusted partner in workwear solutions and Australia’s largest workwear provider, manufacturing over seven million units each year. What sets us apart is our continuous investment in innovation, market knowledge, pioneering ideas and a commitment to sustainability practices. We work as one team. We put our customers first, and we do this with integrity. We are passionate about what we do. Joining WWG is an opportunity to thrive in an inspiring, safe and fun community.
About the Role
The Program Manager is a strong leader with a sharp business mind and the proven ability to deliver high level program initiatives. They ensure there is strong governance to deliver projects on time, on budget and with the right resources and business engagement, while strategically directing all of a program’s interconnected projects simultaneously.
The Program Manager is responsible in taking a high-level view of all programs of work across multiple projects being undertaken by the Technology team, and strategically guide the Product Manager and Product Owners to ensure they are all working effectively toward delivering the strategic objectives of the business.
Daily activities and responsibilities of the Program Manager include; management throughout the program lifecycle of each program of work being undertaken by the group, defining the program governance, planning the overall program of work and monitoring progress calling out blockers and dependencies at a high level, managing the program’s budget and resource requirements and utilisation, managing risks and issues and taking corrective measures and coordinating projects and interdependencies.
What you’ll be doing
Own the Programs of Work Across the Business
- Work closely with project sponsor, cross-functional teams, and assigned Project Managers/PO’s/Product Manager and external vendors to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, and timing for new initiatives.
- Strategise, implement, and maintain program plans that adhere to organisational objectives
- Develop program assessment protocols for evaluation and improvement
- Maintain organisational standards of satisfaction, quality, and performance
- Oversee multiple project teams, ensuring program goals are clearly defined and delivered upon successfully
- Assist in the developing the required budget of a program of work and manage and report on the budget spent as the program of work progresses to ensure on budget delivery and maximum ROI
- Determine the resource requirements for successful delivery of a project
- Communicate plans and progress to the business through program view visibility and documentation.
- Identify key requirements needed from cross-functional teams and external vendors
- Analyse, evaluate, and overcome program risks, and produce program reports for management and stakeholders
- Track and report on progress of key markers of the program; budget, timing, resources, requirements and outcomes.
Facilitate the Communication and Coordination of Cross Functional Teams
- Determine the right time to bring certain resources into the program of work and build cross functional teams to deliver the solution to market that creates value for our customers and our business and aligns with business objectives and ensure the right resources are involved.
- Ensure close communication, cooperation and collaboration across the teams, business and agency partners.
- Ensures that all team members are engaged, productive and communicating – and working at a sustainable yet fast pace.
- Manage program and project teams for optimal return-on-investment, and coordinate and delegate cross-project initiatives.
Drive Delivery Outcomes
- Clearly identify key objectives, milestones, and expected outcomes for the program of work.
- Identify, analyse, evaluate and overcome risks on the path to successful delivery
- Define budget, resources, timeframes, requirements/needs and expected outcomes and execute these for successful delivery.
What we’re looking for
You will have a Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business Administration or related field. Along with your business acumen, you will have experience in:
- Minimum of 2 years Technology and Delivery experience
- Minimum of 5 years of advanced management in a Program Manager, Business Analysis, Project Management or Product Ownership role
- Experienced with Scrum, lean, Agile, Kanban
- Strong experience with digital project management tools such as Jira, Microsoft Project
- 5+ years in an advanced management role (preference given to those with program management experience)
- Working knowledge of digital product delivery
- Outstanding working knowledge of change management principles and performance evaluation processes
Personal Attributes you will have
We are seeking talented individuals who can demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong communication skills
- Growth mindset, not a fixed mindset
- Organisational and planning skills
- Able to focus and prioritise work
- Strong team player with a collaborative approach
- Ability to create and foster strong working relationships
- Passion for digital and understanding new technology
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work to deadlines and budgets
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
What we offer
The chance to join a great team of likeminded, hard-working people who are passionate about achieving our vision and the growth objectives of the company. Our Culture Champs represent all areas of our business and help ensure that culture and team remain something we nurture, via our virtual quizzes, monthly awards and digital suggestion box.
A genuine commitment to flexible working (and not just because we’ve had to during COVID-19 restrictions). We’re focused on outcomes and not inputs. We trust our people because we know they want what’s best for our business. We want you to love your work but respect that you also love your life outside of WWG!
A tailored career and development plan. Whatever your goals we’re here to support you on that journey. A competitive salary package and a suite of benefits and perks including Superannuation, short-term incentives, a range of employee discounts including our market-leading brands, and reward and recognition programs.
Our Wellbeing program, Thrive, with activities designed to support the Financial Wellness of our team, Celebrate Diversity, ensure we Get Physical and maintain Healthy Minds, including challenges, yoga, meditation and access to our Employee Assistance Program.
We actively work on creating a safe and inclusive environment free of discrimination, one where our team feel a true sense of belonging and the principles and practices of diversity are promoted and embraced.
WIS promotes and adheres to the principles and practices of diversity
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.