About the Company
Cell Therapies is a unique enterprise that develops and manufactures innovative immune therapies and regenerative medicine products for patients, researchers and clinical trial sponsors.
As a business, we are contracted by other companies to develop and manufacture their innovative products for Australian and international patients. In the last 15+ years, we have established our excellence in the field and are now acknowledged as an industry leader in delivery of these ground-breaking treatments to patients.
About the Role
We are seeking a motivated QC Analyst to support our facility and product manufacturing teams who manufacture clinical and commercial cellular therapy products in compliance with the Australian Code of Good Manufacturing Practice.
This is a Full-time position located at our new state of the art Melbourne facility located at the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre on the edge of the CBD in Australia's most dynamic biomedical precinct.
- Testing associated with cell therapy including cryopreservation, flow cytometry, cell counting, maintenance of cell lines for use in assays, ELISA, qPCR and other cell based assays;
- Establish new methodologies/techniques or assays as required within the QC group;
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills including the use of a variety of data sources to provide advice and recommendations to senior staff;
- Understanding of maintenance and commissioning of equipment and a mechanical aptitude;
- Adhering to standard operating procedures and Good Manufacturing Practice.
- Liquid nitrogen handling;
- Willingness to work shifts and weekends as necessary;
- Use of a variety of computer-based applications (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, BMS/EMS, LIMS)
Skills & Experience
- A Degree in a life sciences discipline or equivalent industry experience;
- High level of accuracy, technical capability and attention to detail;
- Experience in manufacturing human cell therapeutics under aseptic conditions;
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate cooperatively in a multidisciplinary team;
- A diligent and quality-driven approach;
- A clear and confident communicator;
- Ability to multitask and work autonomously as well as in teams; and
- Comfortable working within a hospital environment.
- Experience in a GMP environment;
The Salary offered will be commensurate with skills, experience and industry standards. Company specific GMP training will be provided as part of the induction process.
If you think you have what it takes to be part of a dynamic team for a company that is in a very exciting growth phase, then APPLY NOW!
Applications, including a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements of the role, should be submitted via "Apply for this job" link below. Please note that only applications received through this link will be considered.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)?
- Have you completed a qualification in science?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you completed a qualification in biology?
- Have you completed a qualification in pharmacy / pharmaceutical science?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.