JJR Engineering Pty Ltd are an Australian, family-owned business with a dynamic attitude that values our people, their safety and the environment. Recognised as innovative leaders in waste management, we deliver quality in customer service, corporate social responsibility, and a workplace culture where people choose to stay.
JJR Engineering manufacture special purpose vehicles and equipment for use in the waste industry. We are looking for an experienced Design Engineer to join our design team.
Working as part of the engineering team, you will be required to develop new equipment to meet business requirements along with re-engineering of current designs to improve production processes and cost efficiencies.
The successful candidate to join the JJR Engineering team will require the following skills:
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years work experience
- SolidWorks and PDM Workgroup software experience beneficial
- Relevant experience in transport equipment would be preferable
- Ability to prioritise and have good time management skills
- Mechanical aptitude and not be afraid to get their hands dirty
- Good interpersonal skills and communication at all levels
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to explore new ideas/ innovation
As a Mechanical Design Engineer at our Yatala office you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Develop conceptual and detailed designs of specialised vehicles and equipment
- Produce and assist with development of detailed design drawings for manufacture
- Apply Australian Design Rules and Australian Standards to designs
- Weight distribution analysis
- Liaise with design manager and production to ensure designs meet deadlines
- Work to engineering/production schedule to ensure continued workflow to workshop
- Develop customer and supplier relationships and provide technical assistance to both
- Analyse existing products for design and process improvement whilst ensuring they meet all current legislative requirements
- Assist the engineering team with product development and testing
- Generating documentation, work instructions, BOM etc.
What are your rewards? This is a permanent, fulltime role. 4.5 day week. Half day Friday. $90k+ salary depending on experience. We offer long term security and an attractive salary commensurate with your qualifications and experience. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work as part of a flexible, innovative and safe workplace.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a design engineer?
- Have you completed a qualification in mechanical engineering?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.