Cornetts IGA is a large independent retail supermarket chain who operates across Queensland. We stock your favourite brands, get involved in our local community, and provide that personalised customer service – just how the local's like it! But we don't get just get this way by accident. It takes a great team of people to make our stores great. People just like you!
We are currently looking for a highly motivated person to work in our store as a Retail Assistant for 25 hours per week. This role will primarily be based in the produce department, however, will also be required to assist in other departments. You will have the opportunity to learn new skills, work with a great team of interesting and friendly people, and meet and help out customers in an exciting environment. You will need to be active, enthusiastic, and always willing to help out and get stuck into the work. In our growing company, there are always new opportunities to learn and develop skills. You will be required to work a rotational roster which will include nights, early mornings, weekends and public holidays.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing excellent customer service and answering to customer inquiries;
- Presenting, replenishing and maintaining stock;
- Undertaking cleaning duties;
- Ensuring food safety and WHS policies and procedures are maintained;
- Stepping up to a supervisor role for leave relief, covering:
- Ordering and managing the inventory in the produce;
- Processing mark downs, ensuring that waste is minimise;
- Maximising sales through effective stock management.
- Able to play an active role in the team
- Capable of lifting up to 18 kg
- Reliable and hard working
- Have a passion for customer service and be able to demonstrate friendly customer service skills
- Able to listen to instructions and take on feedback constructively
- Willingness to engage in work across the whole store
- Demonstrate personal integrity
- Experience in retail, preferably with experience in fresh food handling
- Basic computer skills
- Basic understanding of Workplace Health and Safety and food safety regulations
This is a great opportunity to start your new exciting career and meet great people. Apply for this role through SEEK, providing a copy of your resume and a covering letter.
Applications close Friday 6 May 2021
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Are you available to work on a rotating roster?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.