About the company
Here at YMCA WA we believe in the power of inspired young people which means providing opportunities for children and young people to grow in body, mind and spirit. If you align yourself to our values, care about people, and want to make a real difference within the community, we would love to hear from you.
About the Role:
YMCA WA is seeking a School Engagement Officer located in Newman, for a Fixed Term, Casual role.
The YMCA WA has partnered with the Australian Government and local stakeholders to maximise the Governments education objectives to improve education outcomes for some of Australia’s most disadvantaged communities
The role of the School Engagement Officer is to support families, parents, carers and children so that school aged children attend school every day; arriving on time and remaining at school for the duration of the school day.
This is an Aboriginal specific position and as such Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Identify non-attending school students and give practical support to students and families to help improve the student’s attendance
- Collect information and prepare daily reports relevant to the community and school
- Talk with parents and carers to gain an understanding of any difficulties a student, family or household may be facing that may make it hard for children to get to school every day
- Build strong relationships with the community promoting the importance of daily attendance
Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with diverse cultural groups
- Exceptional communications and personal skills
- Strong organisational and administration skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Current and valid driver’s licence
- National Police Clearance and Working with Children Check card
Please visit our website www.ymcawa.org.au and click on the Get Involved tab. A position description is available on the website. Should you require any other information please contact Lee-Anne Ugle on 0436 003 356. Expression of Interest closes 14 May 2021.
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- National criminal history check;
- International criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- Holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws;
- Two reference checks.
- Diana screen
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.We reserve the right to commence the recruitment process prior to the nominated closing date. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Visit our website for further information.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.