Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love, and to take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from all sources, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast. We want to turn ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
Trek Retail is seeking an Implementation Project Manager on a 12 –18 month full-time contract.
The Implementation Project Manager will be responsible for leading the implementation and construction administration for new store and remodel projects. Working with Trek Retail Store Designers, Planners and Visual Merchandisers to execute brand and design intent, you will be involved in all phases of the implementation process in order to roll out successful spaces for operation.
30% Implementation Process Management:
Communicate with Retail Store Designers in order to lead the successful translation of retail design and brand standards. Collaborate with Store Planners and Visual Merchandisers to document and plan for the roll out of new stores and remodels. Manage the project plan, including time schedules, budget and team organization in partnership with Trek Retail Real Estate and Operations managers. Regularly communicate with partners outside of Trek to lead, review and execute design documentation related to real estate and construction plans. Share best practices and lead to improve the quality of project management services and build the capabilities of team members.
30% Construction Administration:
Manage and lead internal project teams and external partners to ensure all work on projects is being executed to standards, including time schedules, budgets, documentation, procurement and merchandising. Regularly communicate with contractors to ensure the successful and efficient completion of projects according to plan. Produce and deliver administrative and closeout documents including submittals, shop drawing review, final cost-reconciliation, punch lists, warranties, manuals and more. Manage quality of the process and deliverables and develop solutions to improve efficiency and success.
30% Partner and Vendor Communication:
Develop and manage relationships with partners and vendors in order to maintain roll out success, budgets and schedule efficiency, and continuously develop to improve the organizational goals and best practices. Develop and manage a contracting plan, and tender and negotiate consultant services, FF&E specifications and other contracts to maintain and improve timelines and budgets.
10% Process Strategy:
Collaborate with Trek Retail leaders to continuously improve strategy and processes for the successful roll-out of retail stores. Research, develop and implement working practices, materials and methods as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree Architecture, Construction Management or relevant discipline or equivalent experience is required.
- Experience in project management and leadership of a team in a firm, construction company or retail department.
- Knowledge of and practice in all aspects of the construction process for new buildouts and remodels is required.
- Practice in the retail construction industry is strongly desired.
- Practice with corporate retail roll-out programs and procedures is strongly desired.
- Ability and desire to travel when necessary
- Experience with AutoCAD, Revit; Microsoft Office; Sketchup and Adobe Suite products is required.
- Strong ability to lead and manage multiple projects at once to meet time and budget goals.
- Willing to learn and apply new processes, methods and tools on the job.
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent internal and external relationship building skills.
- Thorough understanding of the retail landscape and environment.
- A flexible approach, with the ability to multi-task.
- A solutions seeker with a ‘can do’ attitude.
If this sounds like you apply today to join the Trek Bicycle Family.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years' experience do you have as a project manager?
- How many years' experience do you have in the retail industry?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.