- Diverse role in an award-winning company, combining administration, logistics and personnel coordination.
- Full time position (4 days on 3 days off roster)
- Central Varsity Lakes office. Friendly, supportive team culture.
The Medical Rescue Group provides emergency medical care to thousands of patients annually. We are one of Australia’s busiest pre-hospital medical services and specialists in the provision of remote medical and aeromedical retrieval solutions. We are an independent, privately-owned company headquartered in Queensland, Australia with operations extending across Australia and into the Asia-Pacific region.
Due to continued growth we now seek a Operations Assistant to join our Operations team. As an OP's assistant you'll play an active role in facilitating all aspects of the Group’s Clinical Operations, assisting with the development and implementation of medical services projects, encompassing resource allocation, quality assurance, educational, travel, staffing and equipment requirements.
Previous clinical experience would be an advantage but not essential as you will be supported by our clinical team. This role is about supporting all our clinicians working in the field.
As Operations Assistant you'll undertake multi-site coordination. Your wide, cross-section of projects will include:
- Aeromedical Retrievals
- Ski Field Medical Clinics
- Remote Medical Clinics
- Event Medical Services
- Non-Emergency Patient Transport
- Rescue Helicopter Activities
As Operations Assistant your responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Coordination of air ambulance taskings, rescue helicopter deployments and remote medical clinics - preparing quotations, rosters, undertaking staff and client liaison, audits, reporting and equipment and stock coordination.
- Assistance with general 24/7 coverage of operations communications - responding to requests from staff, clients and/or the public.
- Being on call/overnight for air ambulance when on duty.
- Assisting with the implementation of new medical services projects.
- Working in partnership with the Medical Director and Operations team, taking responsibility for the day-to-day coordination and allocation of resources, providing operational supervision and people management.
- Contributing to operations planning through active representation as required at meetings.
- Monitoring and reporting on operational, professional or organisational issues and outcomes within the work unit.
- Maintaining stores and equipment
- Communicating effectively with staff, other health care professionals, emergency service personnel, aviation crew, colleagues, patients and their friends / relatives.
- Ensuring the security, safety and maintenance of all equipment.
- Coordinating operational rosters across multiple sites.
- Induction and on-boarding of new clinical staff.
- Audits and site visits across the organisation’s operations.
- Managing operational circumstances in a calm and professional manner, ensuring safety and appropriate patient management.
- Recognising and managing multidisciplinary team human factors and stressors encountered during aeromedical missions.
- Providing all required reporting to the Operations Manager and/or Medical Director as requested.
As Operations Manager you should possess:
- Strong Problem Solving skills and experience
- Prior recent multi-site experience in a logistics, project or operations coordinator position.
- Experience working within either the health, logistics or aviation sector(s).
- Exceptional organisational skills and the ability to use project management software.
- Demonstrated expertise coordinating personnel and developing rosters.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong people skills; able to engage a large team of personnel working remotely.
- Ability to analyse and streamline processes and accurately document and report on outcomes.
- Solid understanding of WH&S and Accreditations.
As Operations Assistant you will be rewarded with:
- The opportunity to grow and develop your skills alongside a friendly, passionate team.
- A convenient, Gold Coast-based position.
Don’t delay, your new role as a Operations Assistant is just a ‘click’ away! To apply, simply click ‘apply for this job’ and the send your cover letter and resume : The HR Team
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- As part of the Australian government’s JobMaker scheme, we are committed to promoting employment of young people in response to the disproportionate impact of COVID-19 on that group. Visit ato.gov.au for further details. Do you meet all the criteria that make you eligible for the scheme?
- How many years' experience do you have in the aviation industry?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.