Position Research Program Coordinator – Future Fuels Technology
Term 3-year contract
Location Wollongong, NSW or Melbourne, Vic
Reporting to the Research & Innovation Manager, the Research Program Coordinator will manage a portfolio of industry-led research projects focusing on understanding the technical, economic, market barriers and opportunities for the use of future fuels. You will ensure the program successfully generates tools to model plant-scale / grid-scale production and delivery systems for future fuels like hydrogen and biogas.
You will oversee the delivery of:
- Transformational low carbon fuel production and process technology to overcome cost hurdles to the commercial uptake of these fuels; and
- Technical research and development programs that characterise properties of low-carbon fuels and their impact on residential, commercial, and industrial customers.
Occasional domestic travel will be required.
The job is based in Wollongong, NSW or Melbourne, Vic.
- Facilitate the development of new research project proposals and other funding application documents.
- Project manage a portfolio research projects and other externally funded activities against contracted milestones, budgets, time and quality measures.
- Undertake scoping studies and targeted analyses focussing on future fuel technologies and markets.
- Identify, develop and execute contract research and consultancy activities for the Future Fuels CRC.
- Drive and support nominated research utilisation and commercialisation activities associated with high value future fuel production and process technology.
- Develop, implement and update of research systems, policies and procedures.
- Provide logistical support and technical/scientific advice to the research project teams and working groups.
- Manage the review, approval, and release of Future Fuels CRC research reports and other (external) publications.
- With the Communications & Engagement Manager develop targeted materials, including newsletter copy, web content, research summaries to support the activities of the Future Fuels CRC.
- Prepare progress reports for the Future Fuels CRC Board and its Committees, as well as external industry and government stakeholders.
- Attend and present at industry conferences, research seminars / webinars, and other relevant events to the participants in the Future Fuels CRC.
- Support collaboration and built linkages between Future Fuels CRC participants and external stakeholders domestically, as well as internationally.
- Actively engage in the Future Fuels CRC education and training activities.
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in science or engineering.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the energy industry and pathways for decarbonisation.
- Experience working on industrial process or renewable energy sector Research, Development and Demonstration projects.
- Skilled and knowledgeable in (research) program management practices.
- Highly skilled in report writing.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Australian research landscape, with a particular focus on applied science and industry research.
- Comfortable providing high level strategic research management advice to senior researchers and managing complex stakeholder relationships.
Experienced in implementing, managing, and improving operational processes, policies and plans.
About the Future Fuels CRC
Future Fuels Cooperative Research Centre is the industry focussed Research, Development & Demonstration (RD&D) partnership enabling the decarbonisation of Australia’s energy networks.
We work with our partners in a collaborative and connected research community embracing industry, academia and government to:
- Focus on the future of a crucial sector of the Australian energy economy.
- Deliver the full potential of low-carbon fuels in the energy supply mix.
- Find safe and reliable solutions to repurpose existing infrastructure and develop new infrastructure to transport future fuels.
- Inform coordinated national policy and regulation associated with low carbon fuels.
- Protect and extend the reliability and safe operative life of energy infrastructure.
- Enable the structures, protocols, and linkages to maximise the value of global low carbon fuel developments for Australia.
- The Future Fuels CRC has got offices in Melbourne, Vic and Wollongong, NSW
- The Future Fuels CRC supports flexible working arrangements
See: www.futurefuelscrc.com [link removed]
Future Fuels CRC Research & Innovation Manager
Dr Klaas van Alphen
E-mail: Klaas.email@example.com [link removed]
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.