Over 5,000 Austal employees worldwide currently benefit from a corporate culture that supports a safe, modern and secure working environment, flexible working conditions, training and development opportunities, genuine career advancement opportunities and competitive salary packages – as well as the autonomy and opportunity to achieve individual, project and organisational goals.
Austal Limited (ASX: ASB) is an ASX 200 company that is a publically listed international corporation, headquartered in Henderson, Perth. With shipyards located in Australia, the USA, the Philippines and Vietnam, Austal is a recognised world leader in the design and construction of customised commercial and defence vessels.
With our proud history of accomplishment and success, and an even brighter future on the horizon, Austal is an excellent choice for anyone seeking a rewarding career in a dynamic and progressive environment, and working as part of a global industry.
As the result of an increase in current and upcoming work scopes, Austal are looking for experienced Fabricators to join us on a permanent and full-time basis. At Austal, we genuinely believe that our capability and our people are the cornerstone of our success, so we are looking for those who are dedicated and talented, and who are as passionate and committed to creating quality and value for our clients, as we are.
Located in Henderson, and reporting to the Fabrication Supervisors, we encourage tradespersons from similarly aligned trades such as Sheet Metal Workers, Boilermakers or Vehicle Body Builders to apply.
- Complete all tasked fabrication work to a high quality and within designated timeframes
- Adhere to the Austal Safety and Quality standards
- Maintain a clean, tidy productive work environment
- Work at minimising/reducing waste in all forms
- Lead by example and help mentor and assist those in your team
Required skills / experience / attributes:
- A relevant trade qualification
- At least two years’ experience working within a similar position
- Experience in aluminium and/or steel fabrication or MIG welding
- Ship/boat building experience would be highly regarded, though not essential
- Have the ability to work from 2D workshop drawings, as well as read and understand technical documents
- Possess a positive and professional work ethic, taking pride in your finished work
- Have a proactive approach to safety in the workplace
- The ability work in a fast paced production environment and to complete the required responsibilities in a safe, efficient and high-quality manner
- Must hold current Australian Work Rights
- Be physically fit and comfortable working in confined spaces, as well as at heights
As the world’s largest aluminium ship builder, Austal are committed to fostering a culture that understands, values and celebrates inclusion and diversity. We offer trades staff a family-friendly 4-day-a-week roster, which allows you to enjoy every Friday off.
If Austal sounds like a company you’d like to be a part of, and you have the experience, work ethic and personality to be an asset to our Fabrication Department, we welcome your interest and encourage you to JUMP ON-BOARD!
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.