- Assess property damage to determine claim quantum
- 12-month contract role
- QLD, VIC, NSW
The Assessor is accountable for accurately assessing property damage and determining claim quantum and scope under the relevant PDS.
Through their customer interactions and support for Client Managers, Assessors deliver brilliant service, providing customers with peace of mind during the claims process.
This is a 12-month contract role. Regular Travel and deployment to events within Australia will be required.
- Assess the property loss or damage, determine policy coverage (claim quantum, scope & schedule), work closely with builders and determine reserve within delegation levels
- Proactively communicate clear and accurate advice, solutions, timeframes and claim progress to stakeholders, including customers, Client Managers, Repairers and Suppliers
- Deliver professional and brilliant service when completing on-site and desktop assessments, interacting with customers on the Client Managers request
- Support the Client Manager to identify customer resolution strategies to minimise customer escalations
- Determine an appropriate claim fulfilment method that balances customer needs with business outcomes
- Identify customers experiencing vulnerability and take appropriate action to ensure the customer is supported.
- Respond to customer and stakeholder requests within expected or agreed timeframes
Skills & Experience
- Industry qualifications/ studying or completed ANZIF Diploma of Loss Adjusting (Desired)
- Previous Assessing experience
- Proven performer in customer service roles
- Experience in compiling scope of works
- Discounts of up to 25% on our various Insurance, Banking & Superannuation products
- Flexible working environment and arrangements; genuine focus on work-life balance
- Numerous discounts with our corporate partners (retail & shopping / travel & holiday / health & wellbeing)
- We offer support and various programs for our people: (Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Study Support, Employee Referral Program ($600), Facilities for nursing mothers, Company share options, Years of Service Recognition)
Suncorp is a leading financial services provider in Australia and New Zealand, enabling more than nine million customers to better protect and enhance their financial wellbeing. With a heritage dating back to 1902, we have grown to become a top-20 ASX-listed company with over 13,000 people. We offer banking, wealth management and insurance products and services through our well-recognised brands including Suncorp, AAMI, GIO, Apia, Shannons and Vero, as well as those from our partners.
Working within the Suncorp Network we believe we are our best when our workforce is as diverse, talented and passionate as the communities in which we live and operate, and where our people feel included, valued and connected. We are passionate about inspiring our people by creating an inclusive culture, offering flexible work, career development and internal mobility, and building connected relationships amongst our team members and with our customers. Joining Suncorp, you will be joining an organisation which cares and is proud of our achievements in being recognised for:
- Best Insurance Company in Corporate Social Responsibility (2018)
- Employer of Choice for Gender Equality for sixth consecutive year (2014 - 2019)
- Money magazine’s Bank of the Year and Business Bank for second consecutive year (2018 - 2019)
- General Insurance Product Innovation of the Year (2018)
- NIBA General Insurer of the Year - Large General Insurer (2019)
If this opportunity sounds like the challenge you have been looking for please apply online today.
At Suncorp we build inclusion by providing an environment where everyone can be themselves and feel valued, involved and respected for their perspectives and contribution.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.