- Job Listing Date
- 20 Apr 2021
- Work Type
- Education & Training, Tutoring
Are you wanting to keep working with children who need and want your help out of the classroom environment?
Do you enjoy ongoing teacher professional learning in the areas of literacy and numeracy education for children with learning difficulties?
Are you looking for afterschool and Saturday work to fit around your teaching and study commitments where you can work from either our offices across Sydney or from your home office space?
Learning Links is the place for you to make a genuine difference in children's education and expand your teaching skills.
We are recruiting for our afterschool and Saturday Education Program for our learning centres in Sydney (Alexandria, Bella Vista, Gledswood Hills, Liverpool & Peakhurst) as well as our new online program.
Why is Learning Links right for you?
- You will work from your closest office or home office or a block of time without the hassle of travelling to people's homes in between appointments.
- Your time is spent teaching children, not playground duty, meetings or extensive programming.
- You will have access to an enormous library of digital and physical resources for teaching literacy and numeracy.
- You will be provided with extensive induction training in assessment, planning and teaching of students with learning difficulties prior to starting and ongoing throughout your employment.
- You will be part of a team of Educational Psychologists, Speech Pathologists and Occupational Therapists to support children with learning difficulties, having input into the delivery of our services in a new learning centre.
- Opportunities for additional work within the organisation in relation to training for parents, volunteers and teachers can also be available.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications accepted by NSW schools for teaching (primary, high school and/or special education);
- Experience teaching both literacy (reading, spelling, writing) and mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication & division) across the age ranges;
- Knowledge and/or experience working with children with learning disabilities;
- Current Working with Children Check approval;
- Ability to work at least on two occasions each week for Learning Links (i.e., one afternoon and a Saturday or two afternoons);
- Capacity to work during both school terms and at times school holidays;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- Commitment to working in partnership with families and other professionals;
- Understanding of assessment, programming and delivery of evidence-based instruction in literacy and numeracy; and
- Proficient computer skills and access to a laptop computer with internet for home office-based work.
For further information, please view the Position Description or visit our website www.learninglinks.org.au. If you are interested in the role and meet all the selection criteria, please make an application.
Use your teaching skills and be a part of an organisation changing the future for children and adolescents with learning difficulties.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.