East Coast Engineering & Construction is a family owned and operated rapidly expanding business located on the Gold Coast. We specialise in all building related matters including forensic investigations, scope of works and engineering designs. Our clients range from repair builders, insurance companies to private engineering matters across Australia.
An opportunity has become available for a Forensic Engineer to join our team. This is a full-time position for a fixed term period of one year, commencing asap. This is a fantastic opportunity for an Engineer looking to progress their career and be mentored by the Director of the company. Graduates are also encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the forensic assessment, investigation and reporting of defects and building damage across a variety of building types, including residential and commercial structures. Duties will include:
- Conducting site inspections on building related matters to identify cause of building failures by applying engineering principles and practices in accordance with codes and industry standards
- Analysing failures in building structures and advise on remedial procedures
- Prepare technical reports outlining the cause of failure, recommendations and scope of works
- Provide detailed scope of works and cost estimate
- Assist with Engineering designs as required
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with clients
We are looking for a results driven, client-focused individual to hit the ground running! This role will involve local, interstate and remote travel. Therefore, we are seeking an individual who is willing and able to travel as required. Additional selection criteria include:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (preferably structural engineering)
- Experience in the investigation and assessment of building and structures` defects, failures and repair methodology
- Excellent written communication skills including the ability to prepare technical reports, including identifying causes of failure and providing scope of works
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to relate and communication to people at all levels
- Thorough knowledge of the Building Code of Australia and relevant Australian Standards
- Ability to problem solve, research and think on your feet
- Experience and/or knowledge of construction industry highly regarded
- A valid Drivers’ Licence
Benefits provided include:
- Competitive salary package
- Fully maintained company motor vehicle and mobile phone
- Small and friendly team environment with great workplace culture
- Broadbeach based office just a stones throw from the beach
- Opportunity to progress your career and be mentored directly by RPEQ Engineer
To apply please click” Apply Now”.
East Coast Engineering is an equal opportunity employer
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a forensic engineer?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the Building Code of Australia (BCA)?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.