- Job Listing Date
- 20 Apr 2021
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Science & Technology, Mathematics, Statistics & Information Sciences
eLearning Advisor – Psychology (Statistics)
Online Education Services (OES) are an education provider that offer educational services for students and professionals including university programs. This position will be working within OES in association with Swinburne Online.
Swinburne Online delivers world-class learning to students through online degrees that have been specifically designed to meet the educational needs of Australians who are too busy to undertake university studies on campus.
Here at Swinburne Online, the student is at the forefront of everything we do and this role is the opportunity to support and guide our students through their learning journey. Our eLearning Advisors (eLAs) are the subject matter experts who facilitate the student's learning, with a focus on helping them achieve their goals.
Who are we looking for?
Our eLearning Advisors are motivated by student success and are passionate about the online platform. You will be the facilitator for planned academic content and the first point of contact and support for our online students.
We are currently looking for eLAs who are experts in the field of Psychology (Statistics).
The eLA role is remote so you’ll have flexibility in where and when you work! The expected work load commitment is 2-4 hours per week, per group and there shouldn’t be more than 48 hours between logging in. You should be proactive and dependable and have a remote working environment that enables you to provide high-level support to the students.
- Master of Psychology
- Research experience
- Experience in teaching Research Design and Statistics, specifically in psychology
- Advanced skills in SPSS software and statistical analysis
- Experience utilising AMOS
- High level written communication skills
- Strong organisation and planning skills
- Confidence and resourcefulness in learning new technologies
- High levels of empathy for the challenges experienced by online students
- A passion for helping students succeed both academically and personally
- Unit Coordinator, Leadership, Coordination or Administration experience
- Relevant industry experience in Psychology
- Experience as a Registered Psychologist will be highly regarded
Requirements of the role
Our eLearning Advisors are responsible for the following:
- Delivery of planned academic content
- Facilitating learning activities and assessment tasks (including e-moderation, assessment and feedback)
- Marking, processing and submitting assessment results
eLearning Advisors are not required to establish curriculum, design learning activities, schedule learning and teaching, set assessments or develop marking schemes.
As part of the recruitment process, shortlisted candidates will be required to undertake a paid 3 week online training course which will equip you with all the skills and support you’ll need to be highly successful in the role.
Now is your chance to join a highly engaged workforce and make a positive impact on the experience of our students.
If you’re interested, please ‘apply now’ with a CV and cover letter explaining why you want to work as an eLA with Swinburne Online.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your highest level of education?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.