READY FOR ANYTHING
At IAG, we live and work by our purpose to make your world a safer place. We are motivated by a unique culture that celebrates honesty, creativity, empathy, equity and collaboration. We call it the IAG way, and it means we all share a 'ready for anything' mindset that sets the tone for positive actions and positive outcomes. We put heart into everything we do which guides us to create amazing things for our customers, our people and our communities.
We're brimming with ideas, ambition and a readiness to apply bold thinking and risk awareness to make a difference where it matters most.
As the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, we own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI. We are ready for anything.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Underwriter or Broker to join the SUU Existing Business Strata Underwriting team in North Sydney.
This is a 6 Month Fixed Term Contract but could go longer term. Your ability to deliver an exceptional customer experience whilst assisting in the evaluation and underwriting of renewals, endorsements, cancellations and general underwriting queries within delegated underwriting authorities will allow you to thrive in this role. Working in a supportive, experienced and high performing team, your unique contribution will determine the acceptability, conditions and pricing of insurance risk while delivering quality underwriting service to all clients.
- Deliver timely service outcomes for partners and stakeholders in line with agreed standards
- Underwrite insurance risks in line with product guidelines
- Deliver quality service experience at all available customer touchpoints to influence partner advocacy
- Ensure ways of working are in line with nationally agreed policies and protocols
- Develop and maintenance of strong business relationships with our partners
- Ensure accuracy, quality and timely processing of documentation
Skills & Experience
- Customer service mindset
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to develop successful working relationships with key stakeholders
- Focus on continuous self-improvement
- 2-3 years’ experience in Underwriting ideally in Residential Strata but this is not essential
- Underwriting experience in SME or Property is also welcomed
- A background in Residential Strata Claims would be considered also
Ready for anything? Let’s talk.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply’! Applications close on 14th May 2021.
IAG rewards and recognises its people with generous benefits, career development opportunities and real work-life balance. Employees also enjoy 13% superannuation, up to 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work programs, various corporate partner discounts and a people-focused culture that celebrates achievements big and small.
Creating a workforce that actively embraces diversity, inclusion and a sense of belonging is key to our success. We believe in treating everyone fairly which means that inclusion, removing barriers, striving for equity and embracing diversity are woven through our values and behaviours. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities and are committed to providing a work environment that enables you to thrive, whatever your circumstances. If we can provide support with access requirements, alternative work arrangements please advise us via your application.
IAG has committed to the reconciliation movement in Australia for First Nations people and focus on providing a safe and supportive work environment for all our employees. More information on our Reconciliation Action Plan can be found on our company website.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.