One of Australasia's largest dedicated infrastructure service providers, Ventia is a new and dynamic organisation with a rich history. Our clients are the owners and operators of major infrastructure that is critical to our communities. No one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it. Making infrastructure work for our communities is at the heart of who we are and it's what unites and excites us.
Ventia is seeking an experienced Building Certifier/Inspector (NT Registration not required) to join the Northern Territory Defence Base Services Contract on a full time basis. The successful candidate will be an experienced Building Certifier/Surveyor familiar with the NT Building Act and Regulations and able to Provide technical advice, oversight and support to operations in accordance with the National Construction Code (NCC) in addition to the Building Works manual/Manual of Fire Protection Engineering (BWM/MFPE) of building works, existing facilities and structures within the Defence Base Services Contract across the NT Region.
Primary Responsibilities and Key Deliverables
- Sponsor and lead the Asset Management function of the Building Asset portfolio within the Region.
- Assurance and Compliance Asset Management Plan framework sponsorship for all Building structure assets within the region.
- Drive the Building compliance standard(s) within the Region in accordance with the Defence legislative .requirements.
- Deliver the Contractual Building Asset Appraisal program, including input of end of life estimates, compliance statements, assessed condition and functionality and recommendations of future works to address shortfall annually. Monthly.
- Sponsor and lead the asbestos management and monitoring program across the region.
- Generate and steer the Building asset revenue pipeline into the project delivery arm of the business.
- Configuration control the Building asset data integrity across the Region. Lead Master Data updates for Building technical equipment and assets.
- Capture and management of risk applicable to the Building assets and plant within Region.
- Provide Building subject matter SMEadvice on defence policy documents such as the Manual of Fire Protection Engineering (MFPE) and the National Construction Code (NCC, and other building Ttechnical support within the Region .
- Conduct building inspections (existing and new) for the purposes of compliance with the defence policies and continued acceptance in the Defence Estate on behalf of the Regional Asset Manager.
- Audit contract andor technical document quality as required from Project Support Services to ensure compliance the defence legislative requirements.
- Lead Investigations for root cause analysis into failures of Building structures and facilities.
- Lead analysis activities associated with Building infrastructure and assets to identify performance and cost trend against whole of lifecycle approach.
- Provide technical support to operations as directed by the Regional Asset Manager.
- Drive a culture of delivering customer and stakeholder value.
- Represent as a senior technical lead for building subject matter within the Region on behalf of the Regional Asset Manager where required.
- Mentor and guide the Graduate workforce and site trade representatives on best practice.
- Carry out all work activities upholding the Company values of Integrity, Ingenuity, Collaboration and Challenge.
- Actively participate in the Performance and Development Review process
Required Skills and Competencies
- Relevant formal qualification (Degree/Graduate Diploma/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Trade Certificate) in Building Engineering/Surveying/Inspection or equivalency in field and industry related discipline.
- Desirable though not Registeredrequired, Registered Building practitioner – Building Certifier Unrestricted IAW NT Building Act.
- Familiar with the NT Building Act and Regulations
- Asbestos Awareness and Assessment qualification(s) desirable.
- Demonstrated management and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated experience in collaborative and consultative processes at a professional level.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated written technical communication and IT skills.
- An ability to work flexibly and adaptively in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders.
If you enjoy a challenge and would like to be part of our dynamic, growing and exciting company, apply now.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
To apply for this role, please click the apply button on this page.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Position Reference Number: 113503
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.