SEEK’s portfolio of diverse businesses make a positive impact on a truly global scale. Our unified purpose helps people live more fulfilling and productive working lives and helps organisations succeed. We create world-class technology solutions to connect more people to relevant employment, education, small business and volunteer opportunities.
We have a culture of high-performance in our workplaces and celebrate the diversity of our employees who contribute to the success of our organisation.
At SEEK we really value our culture and the way we work together to get stuff done. You will work amongst a group of hard-working, fun and caring people who will support you to have a successful and fulfilling career at SEEK.
Our dedication to fostering a work environment where people feel like they're making a difference every single day has helped us maintain a consistently high ranking in the annual Hewitt Best Employer Award. In other words, people like to come here – and we're proud of that!
About the role
The Data Scientist role is based in Melbourne Australia within the Artificial Intelligence Platform Services (AIPS) team. The team is structured into cross-disciplinary squad with members from Data Science, Strategy and Engineering who work together to research, design, build and support end-to-end machine learning based products delivering direct value to hirers and job seekers.
Successful performance in this role will be demonstrated through the business value contributed by developed and supported products. Further, the successful candidate will be expected to stay up to date with emerging techniques in natural language processing and machine learning, and be deeply involved in a culture of continual improvement.
This role will report to a Principal Data Scientist within AIPS. AIPS has a matrix structure where your direct line manager will act as a coach and technical mentor but your day-to-day activity will be determined by the squad priorities.
- Forming clear data addressable problem statements from current business problems
- Gathering, validating and understanding data relevant to the problem statement
- Designing and building data transformation pipelines and machine learning algorithms to solve the business problem
- Working with product management and other business stakeholders to review and iterate data products to fit emerging market trends
- Evangelising appropriate ML methods and explaining them, and their associated benefits and limitations to team members from Engineering and Strategy
Skills and experience
- Post graduate qualification in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Physics, Mathematics, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Data Science)
- Deep knowledge of machine learning and natural language processing algorithms and best practices for implementing, training, ensembling, tuning, and evaluating ML/NLP systems.
- Able to write serviceable code (Python) and comfortable working with and around a professional software development teams
- Advanced data extraction and processing skills using SQL, Spark, etc
- Confident working at the command line in a *nix environment
- Familiarity with cloud computing (e.g. S3, EC2 and/or EMR in AWS)
- Experience with Deep Learning (such as CNN, RNN, or Transformer models for NLP)
Perks and benefits
At SEEK we offer:
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Flexible leave offerings, including opportunities to purchase additional leave
- Support of flexible working
- Tailored career development planning
Here at SEEK we pride ourselves on harbouring a flexible and inclusive working environment. Should you require any specific supports or adjustments throughout the recruitment process and beyond, please advise us and we will be happy to assist.
For this role, only those candidates with the eligible right to work will be considered
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.