Yancoal Australia is Australia’s largest pure play coal producer. It boasts three tier one thermal coal mines in New South Wales together with interests in three other metallurgical and thermal coal mines located in New South Wales and Queensland. Yancoal Australia also manages five other Australian coal mines on behalf of related parties. Yancoal currently employs over 3,000 people across its operations. At Yancoal our people are our most valuable asset and we invest in developing our management and leadership talent throughout our operations.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
We are offering an excellent opportunity for an experienced Coal Quality and Logistics Coordinator to join the Moolarben CHPP team. Reporting to the Coal Quality, Logistics and Processing Superintendent, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and monitoring coal blend plans for cargoes in coordination with marketing and production requirements.
- Providing accurate and timely weekly and monthly reporting of site physicals including reconciliations.
- Coordinating site laboratory activities.
- Monitoring train loading performance and identifying opportunities for improvement.
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Chemical Engineering, Geology or a related discipline.
- An exceptional commitment to safety.
- Good understanding of coal quality parameters with previous experience in a similar role or within a coal laboratory desirable
- Strong attention to detail
- Sound understanding of pit to port supply chains
- A professional work ethic and the ability to strive for continuous improvement and to reliably work unsupervised.
- Very good interpersonal skills, including excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in MS Excel and SAP Production Planning Module or similar.
Yancoal provides a range of benefits to appeal to the diverse needs of our employees. The following benefits are available to eligible salaried employees:
- Corporate Subsidised Health Cover Premiums
- Salary Continuance and Life Insurance Cover
- Salary Sacrifice Options
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Educations Assistance
- Service Recognition
- Paid Parental Leave Provisions
- Flexible Work Arrangements
If you would like to apply for this role please click the Apply button.
The successful candidate must be willing to reside within 100km of the mine.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We reserve the right to close the advertisement before the advertised end date and commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.