COLAS Australia, a leader in the Road Construction and Maintenance Industry, was formed in 2008 with the acquisition of SAMI Bitumen Technologies. COLAS Australia has continued to expand its operations throughout Australia with the acquisition of a number of local companies and is now supported by over 500 employees across 15 work sites in 5 states.
We are currently looking for an energetic Project Engineer, who strives on delivering success. You will require excellent organisational skills with demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and on budget. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will assist with building/managing stakeholders relationships, establishing project time lines and budgets that allow for the delivery of the most strategic functionality within the project constraints.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prioritise, manage and lead the team to ensure projects deliver on time.
- Establish and maintain a usable and well-communicated schedule for all phases of a project.
- Record and control project changes.
- Identify and mitigate risk on specific client engagements and escalate these issues when necessary to ensure minimal impact to quality, budget, and time line.
- Ensure projects meet both internal and client expectations, with respect to quality, budget, delivery time lines, and strategy.
- Build a knowledge base of each client's business, organisation and objectives.
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Assist in the development of Graduate Engineer and the Project Team
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and competencies:
- Civil Engineering Tertiary Qualifications
- Previous experience within the asphalt or spray seal industry
- Previous experience in Estimating, Tendering or Contracts Management
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills with demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and on budget
- Proficient MS Office skills: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project
In return the successful applicant will be rewarded with a competitive salary package, job satisfaction and the opportunity to work with an organisation focused on safety and genuine employee development.
If you are interested in this great opportunity, please click apply now!
“Colas Australia are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander & people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply”
No agencies please.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a project engineer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in civil engineering?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.