- Job Listing Date
- 22 Apr 2021
- Blue Mountains & Central West
- Work Type
- Education & Training, Library Services & Information Management
- Join a values-based leadership team and organisation
- Lead and drive contemporary scholarly information services
- Enjoy the regional lifestyle Wagga Wagga and Bathurst have to offer
- Fixed Term (up to 5 years)
- Executive remuneration package in the range of $217,108 to $271,385 p.a.
- Bathurst or Wagga Wagga
As Executive Director you will lead the Division of Library Services, ensuring that resources, services and programs of the Division support and enhance the learning, teaching, research and administrative functions of the University. As a senior member of the University, you will work collaboratively within and outside the University, contributing to the attainment of strategic objectives and providing expert advice in the areas of scholarly information issues.
To be successful you will have:
- Relevant post-graduate qualification(s) and eligibility for associate membership of the Australian Library and Information Association;
- Extensive experience in library management and comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the issues and challenges associated with delivering digital, scalable and engaging library services in a university environment;
- Expertise in formulating and implementing strategic plans that translate into sustainable operational targets, comply with higher education standards and advance high-quality scholarship; and
- Operational resilience, financial and operational management or a proven record of achievement in the effective management of human, financial, information technology and physical resources in a senior role within a large and complex organisation.
Applicants are expected to apply online and address the selection criteria in the position description. If you experience difficulties applying online or for further information on completing the application process please visit our how to apply page or contact us.
Charles Sturt University is a young and growing university committed to developing far-sighted people who help their communities grow and flourish. We make a significant contribution to the prosperity and vibrancy of our rural and regional communities, with a reach and impact across Australia and internationally. We work together with industry, communities and students to create new thinking, inspire each other and make a positive and progressive contribution to the world.
The Provost and Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) is responsible for the operation of the Faculties and the learning support services at the University including the Division of Learning and Teaching and the Division of Library Services. This includes responsibility for the Universitys course profile and, with Academic Senate, course and learning and teaching quality. The Provost and Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) is also a member of the Vice-Chancellors Leadership Team.
The Division of Library Services supports the Universitys ethos of 'yindyamarra winhanga-nha - 'the wisdom of respectfully knowing how to live well in a world worth living in. We provide high quality information services and resources to support students, staff, and all members of the University campuses and its communities. We aspire to excellence in the provision of innovative library services delivered online and on-campus.
Charles Sturt University offers a great work-life balance, professional development opportunities and generous financial benefits.
Charles Sturt University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. This is demonstrated through our Workplace Gender Equality Agency Employer of Choice Citation and our Athena SWAN Bronze Institutional Award. Charles Sturt is also a participating member in the Australian Workplace Equality Index. Applications are encouraged from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); people who identify as LGBTIQA+; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
This position is open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents; or applicants who hold a current valid work visa commensurate with this position.
Additional information is available in the Position Description or by contacting:
Professor Janelle Wheat | Acting Provost and Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) | firstname.lastname@example.org | Ph: 02 693 34323
Closing Date: 11pm, 13 May 2021
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.