Caseworker - Newcastle
Advertiser: Marist180More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Apr 2021
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
Marist180 (www.marist180.org.au) is a not-for-profit organisation committed to creating positive change for vulnerable young people and their families. We have a range of programs operating across multiple regions in NSW including South West Sydney, Western Sydney, Newcastle, Nowra, Orange and Bathurst locations. Marist180 is now seeking applications from experienced and passionate Caseworkers to join our team in Newcastle.
In accordance with the standards required by the Office of the Children’s Guardian as well as strengths-based good practice, coordinate and monitor support and services for a small caseload of vulnerable young people and their families with the primary focus on the safety, permanency planning and wellbeing needs of the young person. Reporting to the Senior Caseworker, work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders which can include family members, carers, Youth Workers and House Managers, educational staff, individual therapists, the police and DCJ to support young people; and identify and support their goals and aspirations.
- Undertake case planning and holistic assessment of young people to promote and support their safety, permanency and wellbeing needs
- Collaborate with young people and their families, as well as any stakeholders both internal and external in order to develop pathways for the young people to make transitions, leave care and case closure
- Complete administration and case notes in a timely fashion, complete assessments and collect outcome data as required for care planning and reporting
- Work with young people and their families to identify permanent placements through Family Finding and exploring restoration
- Review case plans in consultation with young people and both internal and external stakeholders on a quarterly basis
Skills & Experience
We are looking for a passionate, practical and resourceful individual with a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, and minimum 2 years casework experience working with vulnerable young people. As a minimum, our ideal candidate will possess:
- demonstrated experience working with young people 12-18 who have experienced complex trauma
- experience working with families and young people who have been in contact with the child protection system
- experience working with families towards restoration or contact arrangements
- minimum (NSW) Green Provisional Driver's Licence
- current and valid First Aid and CPR certification
- Working with Childrens Check
- Clear National Criminal History Check
How to apply
Click “Apply Now” to submit your online application, please ensure you attach a resume and a covering letter describing how you meet the position requirements.
Marist180 is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture across the agency. We welcome and encourage applications who meet the requirements of the position from diverse community groups and ages including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disabilities and other diversity groups. Marist180 recognises the benefits that such an approach brings for our staff and clients within our programs.
Please Note: The successful applicant will be subject to background checks including a National Criminal History Check and a verification of your Working with Children’s Check.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.