- Job Listing Date
- 28 Apr 2021
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Healthcare & Medical, Ambulance/Paramedics
Working for St John Ambulance NSW offers a different experience of Emergency First Aid; one that allows you to truly enjoy providing care and assistance.
Every day, Australians are at risk of illness, injuries and potentially life-threatening situations at home, in the workplace and the community. We believe that every Australian should have access to responsive healthcare and wellbeing support when and where they need it.
As a profit-for-purpose organisation, when you attend a course, buy a product or need health coverage for your event, you're helping to support invaluable community programs including free first aid training for primary school students and local communities, training and leadership development for our youth and volunteers, or emergency response at evacuation centres in times of crisis.
St John has been delivering first aid and community medical support services to the NSW community for over 130 years. The scope of these services has grown to include:
- First aid training, including specialist courses for mental health, high risk work sites, workplaces, and free first aid training to primary school children
- Event health services, keeping people safe at events right across NSW, ranging from small local gatherings to large scale events
- Equipping individuals, families and workplaces with high quality first aid products and services
- Working alongside emergency services organisations in times of need and disasters
- Workplace health services such as contracted paramedic services and temperature testing
About the Role
We are looking for casual Emergency First Aid Officers who will deliver services to the community with our COVID19 efforts. This is a unique opportunity to provide a positive community impact ensuring the welfare and health of members of the public. You will be deployed at the Homebush Vaccination Centre perimeter. Working in a team with registered paramedics you will be providing first aid responses to people requiring immediate attention in the outer perimeter areas such as the parking decks and train station. Where necessary you will be involved in escalating issues to the appropriate medical services. This is part of the government’s commitment to community safety for those receiving vaccinations who potentially fall sick or are injured once leaving the vaccination centre as they begin their commute home.
About Your Qualifications
- First Aid
- Advanced First Aid
- Advanced Resuscitation
- Provide Pain Management
- Certificate II Emergency First Response OR Certificate III Basic Health Care OR Certificate IV In Health Care
This role is ideally suited for those who are experienced first aid officers, medical response workers and Army medics or reservists. Individuals with diploma and EMT certifications are encouraged to apply.
Our employees are fully covered under St John NSW’s insurance and professional indemnity insurances.
Positions are offered on a casual basis with shift times of 8am - 8pm, 6 days per week (No Sunday work). In addition, there are potential opportunities going forward.
- Providing health services to patients within clinical scope.
- Ensuring patient care recording and incident reporting is completed within allocated timeframes.
- Active surveillance and patrol of the Homebush Sydney Olympic Park P3 Parking and Train station areas, including risk mitigation, identifying and escalating safety hazards, and identifying and providing early intervention of vulnerable persons.
- Following directions of NSW Health supervisory and management team
Our Candidate will have
- Qualifications listed above
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current Criminal Record Check
- Evidence of Category A Vaccinations or willing to obtain
- Ability to build trusting relationships in a short amount of time
- Ability to communicate as part of a team clearly and effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Focused on outstanding customer service.
- Able to identify opportunities for improvement and support implementation of change.
- Able to work effectively within a not-for-profit cultural environment.
How to Apply
If you’d like to express interest, then click the APPLY NOW button with your CV and cover letter expressing why you are interested in the position.
St John Ambulance Australia (NSW) does not accept unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.
St John NSW cares about keeping children and young people safe. Protecting and promoting the emotional, physical, cultural, and spiritual wellbeing of children and young people is central to all aspects of the operations and culture of St John NSW
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected hourly rate?
- Which of the following First Aid accreditations do you currently hold?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.