Penguin Random House is the world’s largest trade book publisher, boasting an impressive list of authors from cherished favourites to future classics across many genres and platforms.
As the world’s most global book publisher, Penguin Random House has a proud and successful record publishing a wide range of authors from Australia and around the world. It comprises more than 300 editorially and creatively independent imprints and publishing houses that collectively publish more than 70,000 digital and 15,000 print titles annually with more than 100,000 eBooks available worldwide.
United Book Distributors is the warehousing and distribution division of Penguin Random House located in Scoresby, Victoria. Our award winning warehouse distributes up to 35 million books per annum to its consumer and educational customers throughout Australia and New Zealand.
We are currently seeking applications for a Grade 4, Supervisor to lead our bulk team on the afternoon shift. The key responsibilities in this role are as follows:
- The efficient running of the bulk / replenishment team
- Overall site performance including being the point of contact for site issues and decisions on the afternoon shift
- Bulk, replenishment, cycle counts and stock checks completed within the required timeframes
- Maintain control registers including inventory control and preparing and reconciling regular reports or stock movement, despatches etc.
- Implement quality control techniques and procedures
- Supervise and provide direction and guidance to other employees including detailing and coordinating activities and on-the-job training and induction
- Facilitate toolbox meetings with direct reports
- Liaise with management, suppliers and customers with respect to stores operations
- Identify and promote continuous improvement initiatives within the team
The key skills and capabilities required for this grade level are as follows:
- 5+ years’ experience within a distribution centre preferable
- Previous experience being responsible for a warehouse or a large section of a warehouse
- Completion of an appropriate warehousing certificate preferable
- Demonstrated experience managing a team
- Highly developed level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Organised and customer focussed
- Good judgement and sound decision making
- A strong awareness for safety
If this sounds like you please apply now by submitting your resume and cover letter.
Penguin Random House is the world’s largest trade book publisher, boasting an impressive list of authors from cherished favourites to future classics across many genres and platforms. In Australia and New Zealand, we are proud to work with the most talented writers, thinkers and achievers and publish a diverse range of local and international voices. We are the leading publisher distributing books across Australia and New Zealand, focusing on speed and reliability to reach our customers and bring the very best books to readers everywhere. Our 400+ creative and passionate people from various backgrounds and experiences work together to uphold our reputation for excellence and clear commitment to service throughout the entire publishing process, and help us to achieve exceptional results. More information can be found at https://www.penguin.com.au/ and https://www.penguin.co.nz/.
Penguin Random House is committed to providing a workplace and culture that values diversity and inclusion across all levels of the business. We recognise and acknowledge the contribution of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. This includes, however is not limited to, differences in gender, age, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, family status and disability.
Company: Penguin Random House Australia Pty Ltd
Postal Code: 3179
Job ID: 140809
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.