A region the size of Tasmania, just 2.5 hours west of Brisbane and an easy drive from the Sunshine and Gold Coasts, the Western Downs has a growing population of over 34,000 people.
The region’s diverse economy, vibrant active communities and the extensive infrastructure and multi-billion dollar energy investments are ensuring that the Western Downs continues to go from strength-to-strength.
Western Downs Regional Council is one of only a handful of Council’s in the state of Queensland to be debt-free.
Council is very proud of this immense achievement which it had been working towards since 2015, proving itself to be one of the most financially prudent Councils in Queensland.
About the Role
Based at the Chinchilla Library, you will be responsible for delivering Library services and public programs.
This role is a fixed term maternity leave position until May 2022.
Reporting to the Library Delivery Supervisor, you will:
- Provide a quality library service, including reader advisory, circulation & support for digital literacy;
- Engage with a wide variety of community groups and individuals to establish networks and deliver public programs through Libraries and the Communities Department; and
- Provide a timely, effective and accurate level of service including financial records, documentation, record-keeping, transactions and reporting.
The successful applicant will have:
- A high level of digital literacy with an appetite for early adoption and application of emerging technology trends;
- Experience with customer service and meeting deadlines;
- Experience with accurate cash handling, receipting and reporting; and
- A Working with Children Blue Card or be able to obtain one.
What we offer:
- Work/life balance - 9 day fortnight or optional 19 day month
- Salary Packaging available - Motor Vehicles, Superannuation, Remote Area Housing (Rent), Fuel, Gas and Electricity
- Access to Corporate Health Plan
- Locality Allowance
- Access to various training opportunities
- Health & Wellbeing program
- Living & Working in the Western Downs - copy & paste the link into your browser: https://www.wdrc.qld.gov.au/living-here/our-communities/living-in-the-western-downs
If you are ready to bring your passion for digital literacy to our dynamic library team, this role is for you. TOGETHER WE MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE.
Applications close at 10am AEST Friday 14 May 2021.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.