Customer Service Coordinator
If you are looking for:
· A career with market leading engineering business developing and applying precision motion products and system in the most demanding defence related applications
· A workplace where an environment of trust and respect stimulates innovation and continuous learning validating your ideas and concepts in real applications
· An opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills in the multicultural, multi-skilled team that relies on individual integrity, fosters individual responsibility, and promotes excellence in performance
· Enjoy the Australian life style whilst be part of the global organisation collaborating with colleagues all over the world solving complex engineering problems
Look no further – Moog is the right place for you.
Moog Inc. is a leading global supplier delivering motion control and electronic solutions to the military. With a heritage in defence dating back to the early 1950s, Moog customers recognise us for accurate weapon systems, fast ammunition handling, precise steering control of missiles, and near silent actuation for submarines.
Moog Australia Pty Ltd. established in 1979, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Moog Inc. As a Defence Recognised Supplier since 2003, Moog Australia has been actively supporting the efforts of Australia and New Zealand’s operational and training forces.
Moog provides mission critical sub-systems and components on platforms including the F/A-18 Hornet and Super Hornet, Black Hawk, AP-3C Orion, ASLAV, M113AS4, M1A1, LHD, AWD, Collins Class Submarine, and future aircraft including the F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter.
We have an opportunity within our team for an enthusiastic Customer Service Coordinator reporting to the Director of Sales.
Summary of Job:
The Customer Service Coordinator is a primary customer contact for the inside sale of Moog product and the receipt of sales orders. It requires telephone and email customer contact related to equipment requirements, pricing, scheduling and status. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring an order is consistent with Moog’s proposal and for review of customer terms and conditions before the entering of sales orders into the company’s ERP system.
It is the responsibility of this position to ensure a high-level of customer experience for Moog Australia’s current and prospect customers by providing continued support to the customer until the order is fulfilled. This support might include interaction with engineering on technical problems, production control for delivery matters, quality control, sales, shipping, receiving, and accounting. It is extremely important that the incumbent be an effective communicator due to the nature of customer enquiries. The ability to handle customer enquiries will eventually lead to the customer’s impression of Moog and subsequently to additional sales.
- Respond to customer inquiries with product price and delivery quotations using records at hand or by coordinating within the Moog organization in a timely manner
- Enter and update leads, opportunities, quotations and other customer information in CRM system and quote register
- Review and negotiate sales terms consistent with company objectives.
- Review customer orders with pertinent parties making certain all necessary commitments are finalized. Initiate sales orders into the ERP system based on above. Review customer contract to assure Moog’s compliance with all specifications.
- Ensure the necessary security checks are carried on all customers and maintaining export compliance records for shipments.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding order status, using records at hand or by gathering information internally. Follow up existing orders for inside and external sales to maintain good customer relationships.
- Identify improvements in processes to meet customer critical issues and requirements. Initiate internal corrective actions where appropriate.
- Maintain effective liaison with functional departments and divisions within the company as required to determine shipment priority requirements.
- Interface with accounting to resolve invoicing and credit questions / problems.
- Tertiary qualification in Business/Marketing or similar discipline
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Baseline clearance or eligible for baseline clearance
- Strong customer focus and service orientation
- Strong verbal and written communication
- High ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure and organise time
- Solid computer literacy and data entry skills
- ERP System Experience (MFGPro/QAD Advantageous)
- Intermediate - Advanced Microsoft office skills
- Team player with confidence to work autonomously
- High attention to detail
- Willingness to accept responsibility for assigned tasks and assist others
- Moog believe in developing people and value long-term commitment by staff, we support this with on-going continuous learning and development of staff. Candidates who apply should have a positive outlook to professional development.
Location: Heatherton (Melbourne office)
Language Skills: English (Business level: spoken & written)
If you are interested in the role, please submit a current CV as well as a cover letter addressing the criteria above.
Moog Australia is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities.
Watch our video to find out more about Life @ Moog
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a sales administrator?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have data entry experience?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your highest level of education?
- Do you have experience using Microsoft Excel?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.