Attention Leading Hand Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanics: A better lifestyle is just around the corner.
Yep, it’s time…
…for a better lifestyle
…for an impressive salary
…for new trucks
…for a superb beachfront
We are looking for a qualified Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic Leading Hand to support our haulage operations, transporting high grade iron ore from the new Iron Ridge mine 65kms north of Cue to Geraldton Port.
We are offering a competitive hourly rate of $58/hr as well as TWO retention bonuses of $5,000 at 12 months with further $10,000 at 24 months. The position is based in Geraldton, but if you are interested in relocation to this great town, we may be able to help with that!
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting with supporting and mentoring new/less experienced technicians.
- Managing the changing priorities and individuals' work quality and output.
- Team safety and incident management.
- Accurate paperwork/data capture for both maintenance records and inventory use.
Your success in this role will be assured by having:
- Minimum five years’ experience in the maintenance and repair of heavy vehicle and/or trailers
- Experience in frontline supervision of workforce ensuring all tasks are completed safely while achieving planned work targets (desirable)
- Minimum of a Certificate III Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanical Technology
- C Class Driver’s Licence, HR Licence (preferable)
- Experience in heavy vehicle inspections and electric and MIG welding
- Heavy vehicle authorised examiner certification desired but not essential
- Basic computer literacy – Ability to access and use computer and other required software programs
- Must have good communication, interpersonal and customer service skills to service a diverse client group
- Good time management skills and attention to detail
- And will need to complete a pre-employment medical examination.
What you will get in return:
- Impressive hourly wage AND regular bonus opportunities
- Family friendly roster to ensure your work life balance
- Friendly team environment
- Employee incentive programs
- Relocation assistance may be considered!
Interested? If yes, we would love to hear from you! Apply by submitting your CV in support of your application. Don’t delay as shortlisting will commence immediately.
For more info call Mark on 0492 995 008.
We welcome applications from indigenous applicants and encourage Wajarri Yamatji people, as the traditional custodians of the land on which the Iron Ridge Project is located, to apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a mechanic?
- Do you have a heavy vehicle driver's licence?
- Do you have experience carrying out heavy vehicle repairs?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.