Premier Youthworks provides Therapeutic Residential Care and support services for children and young people with complex needs arising from a history of childhood abuse and neglect. We focus on being a client centred, people focused organisation.
We are looking for an energetic and passionate leader, with outstanding management skills to join our growing team.
The core responsibility of the Team Manager role:
- Manage the daily operation of designated residential homes, including supervision and support of a team (approx. 12-15 carers)
- Ensure the daily care and activities of children and young people are carried out in line with therapeutic models of care
- Development of the team and individuals through coaching and supervision
What we are looking for
You will be an enthusiastic and resilient leader who engages in positive activities with our Children and Young People including: behavioural support, educational assistance and the development of independent living skills.
To be successful in the role, the following will be required;
- Strong leadership experience with success in developing high performing teams
- The ability to select, motivate, work with and lead staff both individually and in teams; including experience managing a large team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge or experience in of the out-of-home care and residential care system
- Attained or working towards a relevant Diploma level qualification in Community services, Youthwork/Social Work, Psychology or Mental Health related. (Desirable)
- Valid Working with Children Check (for paid employment) or be willing and eligible to obtain one prior to commencement
- Current First Aid certificate (HLTAID003 or equivalent)
- Valid Current Driver's Licence
- Current National Australian Federal Police (AFP) Check
What You Get
Premier Youthworks is committed to supporting its workforce and strives to create a working environment that allows people to do their best work. In this role you will be rewarded with:
- Competitive Manager Salary Pay Structure with annual review
- Access to employee benefits including a range of retail, entertainment discounts
- Discounted Gym Membership rates for employees and their immediate family
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees and their immediate family
- Access to training and ongoing development opportunities
If you are interested in joining the Premier Youthworks team click 'Apply for this job' below. Please ensure you include a cover letter and an updated resume.
To learn more about us, our story and what we do please visit our website at https://premieryouthworks.com.au
Premier Youthworks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe work environment.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- What has attracted you to apply for this role?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.