Our client is a high growth ASX 100 listed business, and are seeking to appoint a talented Senior Project Manager -Infrastructure to ensure the successful delivery of several significant construction/infrastructure projects predominately across the broader Western Melbourne metro area. This includes site redevelopments, the delivery of a new mechanical processing facility and the redevelopment of other waste management facilities, which includes site amenities and the installation of industrial process equipment and mechanical engineering.
The Senior Project Manager – Infrastructure is responsible for the end-to-end management of major projects that will support the operational improvement, financial and strategic growth goals of our client. The role includes oversight & responsibility of multiple project, project budget, fiscal year forecast and actual spend, and best practice standards including environmental compliance. Recognised as a market leader they are eager to identify the right Senior PM to join their team.
What you will bring to the role
- A min of 2 years as Senior Project Manager, - ideally from a Tier 1 or 2 organisation (Client side / Contractor)
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, (Mechanical, Electrical, Process or Civil).
- A strong track record in safety and Project Management delivery, ideally within the waste and recycling industry.
- Demonstrated experience running multiple projects concurrently and a proven ability to maintain accurate schedules, budgets and build to ensure the projects are each delivered on time and on budget
- Proven ability to scope, prioritise and plan projects
- Monitor and assist in managing the delivery of vendors and Contractor’s procurement items and services
- Demonstrated hands on Project Management leadership and technical expertise, ideally from Resource management, manufacturing, Mining, Construction environments
- Demonstrated high level Project Management/Delivery experience (ranging up to $40m value)
- Demonstrated high level financial modelling experience and CAPEX development experience
- Experience in town planning requirements and process ideal
- The ability to develop processes for infrastructure build/refurbishment/maintenance projects that embraces both safety and continuous improvement
- Demonstrated strategic thinking & problem solving Skills
- High degree of motivation and energy
- Confident stakeholder engagement and management experience at all levels across the wider organisation
- Experience building a high performing operation
- A preference for working in an extremely fast paced environment where flexibility and adaptability is key
Your key areas of influence include
- Project management of Green and Brownfield Materials Recovery and Post Collections facilities along with upgrades of existing facilities,
- Preparation of high-end tender submissions,
- Delivery of project KPI’s and the continuous improvement of operations management
- Lead projects and people in line with their Leadership Model, exemplifying our values-based high-performance culture
- Manage, including driving effective and efficient communication between project teams, contractors and suppliers and other external stakeholders to ensure project deliverables are met
- Obtain appropriate licenses and approvals from relevant authorities for execution of project
- Direct and assist procurement in the development of tender requests for relevant activities to ensure the highest possible standard for tender submission, minimising costs and maximizing scope activity
- Manage the commissioning and hand over of projects to the operating team
- Lead project teams in the development of ‘fit for purpose’ design, and construction of new infrastructure assets and the rehabilitation of closed assets
- Manage asset project handovers including operational and environmental compliance for the assets with all regulatory and best practise requirements, pollution abatement notices, Council notices etc
- Establish, monitor and review project life cycles to ensure the delivery of project on time and budget
What you will receive in return
- A dynamic and challenging role with loads of autonomy and responsibility
- $195k remuneration
- A fantastic career opportunity
This is a genuine unique Career opportunity for an experienced Senior Project Manager -Civil /Mechanical Engineer who has the expertise, energy and drive to play a lead role in the further development of this emerging sector through the upgrading and refurbishment of both our customers purpose built operations, along with facilities they have acquired. They are a dynamic business that is enjoying significant growth. This is an opportunity to join Australia’s largest and fast-growing Environment service business focused on sustainability– it is a unique career opportunity not to be missed if you are a career minded and environmentally focused Project Manager.
For a confidential discussion, please call Louisa on 0459 991 061 or simply apply now by following the link below and attaching your resume ideally in word format.
Hinchen Resources are a team of experienced industry recruiters who offer a highly informative honest process, where our genuine goal is to provide a quality and valued service. One that is respectful to all and is as transparent as possible. Confidentiality is assured with all applications, with your privacy our utmost priority.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.