- Leadership of Sydney based team of a growing management consulting firm
- Your chance to grow our team and make a difference
- Ideal if you have 3 to 5 years consulting experience
- Working directly with the operational leadership team across our other office locations
- Sydney, CBD (Wynyard)
Imagine the difference you could make as part of Grosvenor's team
Imagine belonging to a team of diligent and experienced professionals who see the bigger picture and deliver quality outcomes. A team that unfailingly goes the extra mile to get to the heart of a client's business and find the right solutions to help them succeed.
Grosvenor Performance Group (www.grosvenorpg.com.au) is an employee-owned and growing management consulting firm with offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra and Brisbane. We are a firm that genuinely cares about our staff and offers real work life balance. We are proud to be 20 points ahead in the Great Places to Work survey compared to the average firm in our industry.
For over 25 years we have helped our public sector clients find fearless and practical solutions to complex problems. We help our clients achieve the right results in the right way. We are proud of our Net Promoter Score of +53.
The way we treat our staff also makes us stand apart from our competitors. Long before COVID, we had a workplace flexibility policy that respects individual preferences and enables people to work in different ways. During COVID, none of our employees were made redundant, we had no cuts to pay and no forced leave. Instead, we have grown the business about 20% this year.
While we currently work two to three days per week from our Sydney CBD office, we trust the people we employ and empower them to contribute and meet the needs of the business, irrespective of whether they have commitments outside of work, or a need to work from home.
What is the role of a Senior Manager at Grosvenor?
Come join a workplace that rewards all employees for their dedication, hard work and contribution. This is what the role entails:
- Team leadership for Sydney based staff (currently nine staff), including managing several staff directly
- Monitor office performance metrics (including profitability) and coordinate changes to approach if required
- Local staff satisfaction, cohesion, wellbeing, performance, and development
- Resource forecasting for the office and seeking agreement to hire
- Monitor local staff utilisation and efficiency and flagging trends with line managers
- Interviews and selection of new recruits, and subsequent onboarding
- Determination of project teams and monitoring of workload allocation at a local level
- Building the general consulting skillset in Sydney based staff
- Based on your experience, provide project teams with subject matter expertise and consulting methodologies, approaches, quality assurance and facilitation methods
- Be a senior point of contact for more junior staff to ask project related and professional development related questions
- Together with other senior people in the office, grow our Sydney business through building trusted relationships, top quality deliverables and proactive business development
- Development of client proposals.
As you see, the work is challenging, varied and rewarding. You'll be supported by a robust and inspiring career development program which has produced a number of outstanding staff who are now leaders in their field.
Over time we will help you grow into a more senior position with the prospect of equity participation.
Do you have the Grosvenor DNA?
We're looking for a Senior Manager to help us continue to build our clients' success stories.
Our people come from all walks of life, but everyone is the real deal, with a glass-half-full approach to life. The right candidate will have exceptional soft skills, be professional, resilient, flexible and honest, and know how to have fun.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have the following attributes:
- are a go-getter, love variety and love being busy – you cannot stand boredom
- show initiative and want to make our Sydney consulting business your own
- passionate to pass on your knowledge to more junior staff
- keen to manage the workloads of whole teams and make sure projects are adequately resourced
- have the ability to quickly build lasting, trusting relationships with our team and our clients
- have the desire and commitment for continual learning and personal development, underpinned by a willingness to learn and admit mistakes
- have a relentless focus on quality thinking
- be inspired by challenge and variety in work and clients
- have a flexible, friendly, proactive and fun attitude
- excellent writing skills.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have the following experience:
- have a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in a management consulting role. In this role you must have worked in small teams across multiple projects, rather than contracting or being placed with a specific client one at a time
- have experience managing staff and small teams, including on a project basis
- have some experience and can demonstrate some results delivering sales and business development activities
- are degree-qualified.
Being able to demonstrate the following will be of significant advantage:
- experience working on consulting projects that align with one of our practice areas:
- Corporate Real Estate: Functional assessments of the property team, portfolio strategy, accommodation strategies, capital works procurement, facilities maintenance procurement
- Public Sector Advisory (www.grosvenor.com.au): Program Evaluation, Efficiency and Effectiveness Reviews, Service Delivery Design, Government Program Design and Management, Public Sector Strategy and Design
- Consulting projects for the NSW Government, Universities or the Federal Government
- have strong attention to detail
- soft skills and emotional intelligence to be able to quickly understand and adapt to changing situations, especially where you may not always have perfect information.
Do we sound like people you want to work with?
If Grosvenor sounds like your type of organisation, send us your resume and cover letter explaining why you believe you've got the Grosvenor DNA and credentials to be our next Senior Manager.
- Applications close on Friday, 2 July at 5pm and are continuously assessed as submitted
- When preparing your application, please complete the VIA Survey of Character Strengths. It is a free test that takes about 30 minutes to complete. You can register for free at https://www.authentichappiness.sas.upenn.edu/user/login?destination=node/434. With your application please submit your top 5 character strengths as determined by the test available at the above website.
- Got questions? No worries! Give Stefan a call on 0406 263 419
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.